cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards (that are worth having) that pull EQ?

tag
zyzzus
Established Contributor

Cards (that are worth having) that pull EQ?

I have 

cap1

Freedom

chase amazon

priceline visa

fidelity amex

us bank (not cash plus yet Smiley Sad)

Here in the midwest my TU has gotten beat up 8 INQ and EQ has like one.

I just disputed one of my last two baddies off and wouldn't mind dirtying up my EQ a bit Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards (that are worth having) that pull EQ?

you have some great cards, especially that fidelity amex... what exactly are you looking for in a card?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 10
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

OP, I don't know if you are aware of Penfed, but they pull eq only. Hard to get cc's with though.

There's a few other cu's that pull eq exclusively (DCU comes to mind). Not really any national lenders that pull eq only though.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 3 of 10
dodgeball
Established Contributor

USAA pulls EQ

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 4 of 10
zyzzus
Established Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

you have some great cards, especially that fidelity amex... what exactly are you looking for in a card?

Thank you. I thought hard about applying for these. I was surprised at being approved fro the fia amex didn't even have to recon. I am just wondering people the pull exclusively EQ so I can plot what I would app for. Don't NEED anything.

@OptimasPrime wrote:

OP, I don't know if you are aware of Penfed, but they pull eq only. Hard to get cc's with though.

There's a few other cu's that pull eq exclusively (DCU comes to mind). Not really any national lenders that pull eq only though.

That is good to know about DCU. I wouldn't mind the free score and I have heard they have very competitive auto loan rates.

@dodgeball wrote:

USAA pulls EQ

I was looking at their cards last night. The rewards seem pretty poor. Smiley Sad

Capital One Quicksilver- $5,400 | Chase Freedom - $8,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited- $13,000 | Chase Amazon -$5,000 | Priceline Visa -$10,000 | US Bank Cash+ - $18,200 | Fidelity Visa -$10,000 | Sallie Mae- $10,000  | DCU Platinum $12,000 | Discover IT - $10,000 | Amex EveryDay - $25,000  | Amex BlueCash Everyday- $9,800 | Citi DoubleCash - $18,000 | Sapphire Preferred- $13,000 Freedom Unlimited$7,000 Blispay$12,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve- $18,000 | Consumers Credit Union Visa Sig Cash Rebate$25,000

Message 5 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

I'm in Florida, and Citi pulls EQ for me.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 10
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:

+1 

CITI is known to pull Eq

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 7 of 10
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

WIth the exception of Penfed, and possibly SDFCU depending on your needs, most of the EQ pullers are tradeline farms I think on this forum.

USAA / DCU rewards structures aren't competitive currently, but both give respectable limits compared to other lenders, and DCU does have their free FICO which tends to get it quite a bit of popularity on this and other credit forums for a tradeline that is there for credit report purposes rather than actual use.  I get Alliant / Ally confused but one of them is an EQ puller with extremely good rates on their checking/savings accounts.  Someone hopefully will clarify that for me heh.

SDFCU is notable by their EMV chip/pin cards across their line, if you travel internationally this can be very handy, and they have a rather unique secured product if you need one.

Beyond that, national lenders will pull any of the three bureaus almost by definition and as such most others are one-offs like GE's CareCredit.

From a rewards perspective though, there isn't much beyond Penfed as you've noted... have to really look beyond simple reward chasing to make use of the other lenders effectively in my opinion.

        
Message 8 of 10
Hispanic208
Established Member

DCU - Pulls EQ. Free monthly EQ FICO. 8.5% APR on non rewards. Good starting CL. No cash advance fee when transferring to DCU checking/savings account. Early access to Direct Deposit pay (up to two days early). The only hassle I've read is that the membership process is hit or miss due to identity verification issues.

Alliant - Pulls EQ. Great rates on checking/savings account. Extremely fast ACH push/pull hub. Decent starting limit but they reward you for good history.

Penfed - Pulls EQ. Great rates and great starting limit. Quarterly preapprovals. EMV available for their VISA cards. However, they can be difficult to get.

USAA - Pulls EQ. Great rates and limit for full members but potentially poor APR on CC products for limited members. I'm a limited member and got $15K CL and 17.9% APR with 766 FICO score.

Nordstrom - Pulls EQ. Visa signature card. (Freeze EX/TU just to be certain)

Delta Community Credit Union - Pulls EQ.

Justice Federal Credit Union - Pulls EQ. Their Personal Line of credit reports as an installment loan. Membership is hit or miss.

SDFCU - They no longer pull EQ for credit products. They have switched exclusively to Experian now Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 10
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

in Illinois they pull Equifax but if you apply for sears credit card wich is from citi bank as well  they pull Experian in illinois so i guess is all about the product you apply as well

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.