Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that offer cell phone protection?

tag
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Cards that offer cell phone protection?

I know Wells Fargo offers "Cellular Telephone Protection" which is:

Pay your monthly cellular telephone bill with your Wells Fargo Credit Card and you'll get up to $600 protection (subject to a $25 deductible) against covered damage or theft at no cost.

Anyone know of any other cards that offer this type of protection?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards that offer cell phone protection?

I was in the Apple store getting the camera replaced on my iPhone and the sales associate mentioned AmEx offering extended warranties to people who purchase the phone with their AmEx card

Message 2 of 6
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was in the Apple store getting the camera replaced on my iPhone and the sales associate mentioned AmEx offering extended warranties to people who purchase the phone with their AmEx card

AMEX has always offered an extra year of warranty on whatever you buy. I think up to 5 years so it won't add an extra year to someething that has a 10 year warranty. Though I'm not sure that's the same as protection..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 3 of 6
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

Yeah - I know about the warranty amex offers though that's different from the cell phone protection well's fargo has.

AMEX's coverage only covers it being damaged or stolen within the first 90 days (I think it's longer for Plat). It also adds another year to the orignal manufacturer's warranty but if the original manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover physical damage (like Apple) it's not very helpful outside of the first 90 days.

Well's Fargo will cover theft or damage for a $25 deductible up to $600 if you pay your phonebill with the card each month starting from the first time you pay your phonebill. You don't even have to use the card to pay for the phone (at least I didn't see that in the terms).

Pretty sweet deal. Free insurance esentially. Now I already paid for AppleCare+ on my iPhone but even so that doesnt cover theft.

Message 4 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@AvadaKedavra wrote:

Yeah - I know about the warranty amex offers though that's different from the cell phone protection well's fargo has.

AMEX's coverage only covers it being damaged or stolen within the first 90 days (I think it's longer for Plat). It also adds another year to the orignal manufacturer's warranty but if the original manufacturer's warranty doesn't cover physical damage (like Apple) it's not very helpful outside of the first 90 days.

Well's Fargo will cover theft or damage for a $25 deductible up to $600 if you pay your phonebill with the card each month starting from the first time you pay your phonebill. You don't even have to use the card to pay for the phone (at least I didn't see that in the terms).

Pretty sweet deal. Free insurance esentially. Now I already paid for AppleCare+ on my iPhone but even so that doesnt cover theft.

What is the reward rate on the card?   You can get 5% on cell phone charges, so if it less, it can really be far from free!

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fifth third card offers it with a $50 deductible and $200 worth of coverage
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.