Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards that offer push payments?

tag
CBrent
New Contributor

Cards that offer push payments?

Does anyone know of a credit card that offers push payments?  For anyone here not familiar with push payments, this is when a financial institution--usually a bank--sends recurring payments for a bill of some kind without payment being requested (or pulled) by the recipient of the payment. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cards that offer push payments?

huh?

Message 2 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

do you mean credit cards you can push payments to (from your bank)

or a credit card that will allow you to send a payment from it?

you can push a payment to any card from your bank,

and you can't push payments from a credit card.
Message 3 of 10
CBrent
New Contributor

I mean the latter. I want to push payments to Sprint. Unfortunately, Capital One doesn't offer this.
Message 4 of 10
redheadtempe36
Contributor

I assume you mean like a checking account bill pay service.  To my knowledge, no CC offers this (I could be wrong of course).  The "risk" for fraud is too great.  You could push payments to yourself, your family members, $0 balance credit cards - in effect getting a $0/0% cash advance.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CBrent wrote:
I mean the latter. I want to push payments to Sprint. Unfortunately, Capital One doesn't offer this.

Why don't you just set your Sprint bill on autopay with your Capital One card as the source of payments?

Message 6 of 10
CBrent
New Contributor

It's a little complicated. My employer pays my cell phone bill, so each month that amount is automatically charged to my company AmEx. Recently I purchased an iPhone through Sprint's monthly payment plan, which adds and additional $30 to my monthly bill. I only want my employer to pay for my cell service, however, and not the additional $30. Alas, Sprint can't divide the bill, so I'm having to manually make the $30 payment each month a few days before my AmEx is billed.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bleh. I didn't read completely before I posted. Please ignore me.

Message 8 of 10
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@CBrent wrote:
It's a little complicated. My employer pays my cell phone bill, so each month that amount is automatically charged to my company AmEx. Recently I purchased an iPhone through Sprint's monthly payment plan, which adds and additional $30 to my monthly bill. I only want my employer to pay for my cell service, however, and not the additional $30. Alas, Sprint can't divide the bill, so I'm having to manually make the $30 payment each month a few days before my AmEx is billed.

Are you a millennial by any chance? Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 10
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Get a Serve account. You can load the $30 into it and push them into your Sprint account

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.