Did you mean: 

Cards that you don't like

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Cards that you don't like

@thelethargicage wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My QS1.... now that I have a double cash doesnt make too much sense to throw those bills that dont hit anybodys category onto a 1.5 whrn i can get 2 without the annual fee.Also, I use my BOA cadh rewards somewhat regularly, and occasionally get a nice bankamerideal thingamajig. I got 15 bucks back last month when i bought some crap at kmart that i could have bought anywhere.

Might wanna hang on to your QS1 for when DC gets nerfed.

Agreed. I keep my QS in the SD because with Citi, you never know. That said, they historically grandfather existing users in to rewards programs, so I imagine existing cardholders would be safe for a time.

Message 61 of 81
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

My Hilton Honors Amex.  I don't really stay at Hilton and I can't switch it to something useful.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 62 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Wells Fargo card. I have absolutely no use for it other then an overdraft feature for my checking account. But I never use my checking account either...

I guess my Chase Disney Visa card either. But that card is too pretty to close Smiley Wink.
Message 63 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Discover's recent offerings, perma 5% BT.
Message 64 of 81
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Some of you may not know the merchant picks up a lot of the cost of rewards in higher percentage fees when one uses a rewards card its not borne by the bank alone.

Message 65 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes that's why amex is one of the most expensive because of the benefits offered by them, and that's why merchants in turn charge more for goods and services (to accept the expensive credit card fees) and why it's a complete waste of money to use another form of payment other than a card that you benefit from Smiley Wink the end
Message 66 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale6 wrote:

Some of you may not know the merchant picks up a lot of the cost of rewards in higher percentage fees when one uses a rewards card its not borne by the bank alone.

I think most know or suspect
But it's the same reason after a year, my discover it just might be sock drawer'd with a reoccurring bill on it because as much as I love the concept--it's execution leaves something to be desired but who knows, they may prove me wrong
I'm pretty sure I'm going to use the bulk of my 4k spendage with a Celine bag and that way I get $450 back and I will just think of it as a discount on a bag that never goes on sale :/

After a year I'm going to downgrade it but in the meantime it will be hooked onto my uber:lyft and taxis as well as eating out (which is unfortunately often but I am going to try and make more time to cook, cook--not microwave cook :s)

delta i may just keep even with the fee since I fly them loyally despite the onboarding process--which I've been very tempted a few times to upgrade or buy the early boarding rights

citi has 5% rotating categories for me and being my oldest card, I'm definitely keeping it for the service ive gotten and lack of annual fee

Message 67 of 81
lokobo
Regular Contributor

Amex BCE because I use Sallie Mae for gas and groceries now and I also hate the redemptions are limited to increments of $25.

Atleast I get a EX FICO from it now.

Message 68 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

$450? It would be a terrible waste to redeem Chase UR for cash. Better off transfered to a travel partner such as Hyatt, SW, United, BA, or even Amtrak if you dig trains.
Message 69 of 81
Anonymous
Not applicable

My dad works for Hyatt so I get awesome rooms complimentary, since he doesn't use it..Hong Kong Hyatt was amazing

dont fly United, southwest, or British airways..and I took Amtrak once to Seattle..never again..I prefer short distance and caltrain is 20x better

but thank you, once I downgrade, in a few years if I find myself needing it I'll try again Smiley Wink but until than, I'm good with how I'm spending it, esp since it's my first and only chase cc

Message 70 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.