Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with Frequent Use Bonus?

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Cards with Frequent Use Bonus?

I know the AmEx BC and Everyday cards have bonus for frequent charges in a month.  Any other cards?  Trying to find the everyday (singloe) card daily college use.  The card can be used like 25-30 times a month.  The total amount is about $2,000/month.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Cards with Frequent Use Bonus?

ED (20) and EDP (30) do, but I'm not aware of anything for the Blue Cash line.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the bonus related to number of swipes on those Amex products?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

What is the bonus related to number of swipes on those Amex products?

Use Everyday 20 times or more in a billing period, get 20% more MR for purchases during that billing period. For Everyday Preferred, 30 times and 50% more.

Message 4 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

for ED, even at that bonus, the earning rate still low. Thinking of using Uber card now.  Most spending is on dining and some grocery.

Message 5 of 9
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Think there might be some CU cards (might have been debit cards?) if I recall correctly that have that kind of reward structure but the reward systems weren't any good to begin with so probably better off using a rewards card tailored to his spending like the Uber card as you pointed out.

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BronzeTraderwrote:

I know the AmEx BC and Everyday cards have bonus for frequent charges in a month.  Any other cards?  Trying to find the everyday (singloe) card daily college use.  The card can be used like 25-30 times a month.  The total amount is about $2,000/month.

Not knowing anything about the individual(s) involved, but why should that stop me!   Personally, I would at least pause for thought before giving a college student anything that encourages frequent use.   Yes, you may get better overall rewards, but it might well lead to unneccesary purchasing to meet bonus limits.    Fine if it really fits the usage patterns anyway, but......

Message 7 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

DD was an AU on my Chase FU card since she was a senior in HS and followed her to College.   I figured 1.50x ur points was good enough for me.  I have since closed my FU card and moved the limit to my CSR and She has her own Freedom card now.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 9
redpat
Senior Contributor

@BronzeTraderwrote:

for ED, even at that bonus, the earning rate still low. Thinking of using Uber card now.  Most spending is on dining and some grocery.

Why not make them an AU on your PRG 2x dining and grocery and an AU on your FU if Amex isn't accepted.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.