Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with Preferred features usually with AF

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Cards with Preferred features usually with AF

When applying for cards in my upcomming spree in a few weeks do applying for cards with AF(PREFERRED).. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred and CHase Sapphire Preferred compared to non preferred status of same name. Do they give larger starting Credit limits by applying to the preffered instead of non-prefered ones.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Cards with Preferred features usually with AF

@MidnightJester wrote:

When applying for cards in my upcomming spree in a few weeks do applying for cards with AF(PREFERRED).. AMEX Blue Cash Preferred and CHase Sapphire Preferred compared to non preferred status of same name. Do they give larger starting Credit limits by applying to the preffered instead of non-prefered ones.

I don't think so in general.   As far as we know, BCE and BCP for example have the same underwriting standards.  Just like with the Green/Gold/Plat cards, if you get approved for any you could get approved for all, it's just a matter of how much AF you wish to pay.   With the Chase Sapphire Preferred, that is a Visa Sig, and, in this case, will have a min $5K CL, whereas the Chase Sapphire might not.    But nothing really to do with the card.   If you can get an $X CL, you will get it on either card.   You are paying the AF (or more AF) for the benefits, not for an enhanced CL

Message 2 of 5
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info. Thought that was the way mostly. Do like hearing that the Sapphire Referred is a Visa Sig card. : )  The Freedom honestly has a better reward structure for my life. IT pairs well with the Discover IT catagories for Cash back. Its just seems people who get the freedom first start with lesser limits from seeing peoples stats.

For the AMEX I want in with them since I dont have a amex card yet. My only current card is discover with 7500limit..

Thinking to go with AMEX BLUE CASH with no AF for now. Stilll iffy on them even though the sapphire card I am thinking about has $95. Just the signing bonus issssss so yummy : )

Message 3 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

Its just seems people who get the freedom first start with lesser limits from seeing peoples stats.

Keep in mind that it's generally easier to get approvals for the Freedom and that will impact the stats you're looking at.

@MidnightJester wrote:

Do like hearing that the Sapphire Referred is a Visa Sig card. 

Freedom can be as well if you qualify.  My Freedom is a Sig.  All 4 of my Chase cards are Sigs.

Message 4 of 5
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the info about being able to have all the chase cards as a Visa Sig card. It makes getting the Freedom a little more appetizing especially if getting the sig cards get better limits and APR. Any idea aprox what they want for the sig cards in credit files with Chase. Still tryin to decide if I should try for the CSP uggggggggggggggggg. Tryying to build credit without being declined while applying for the cards I really want.

EQ FAKO from EQ (750)1pull

TU08 Discover (767)1pull  (behind by 2 months on reporting from discover. They dont have my updated CL of $7500. I even off cycled and TU didint update. EQ and EX did.

EX (???) no pulls

only 1 Card currently Discover $7500. AAoA is 14 months

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.