Re: Cards with US based customer servie

Wooooosssssaaaaahhhhh......now all I need is breakfast Smiley Very Happy
Message 21 of 39
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In some parts of the world, it's lunch or dinner, and may *not* necessarily be breakfast.

*joke, tongue in cheek, and no offense meant to anyone*

Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂😂😂
Message 23 of 39
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Open123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

In some parts of the world, it's lunch or dinner, and may *not* necessarily be breakfast.

*joke, tongue in cheek, and no offense meant to anyone*

^Win

Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've probably spoken to chase at least 5 times on the phone and it's always sounded like someone from USA with no accent 

Message 25 of 39
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

AMEX I think is US based service.

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex is most certainly NOT U.S. based. 

Depends on the specific product.  CS is not the same for all AmEx products.  Be careful extrapolating broad trends based on limited sample data.

Well I talked to people who speaks perfect English with no accent for my AMEX BCE and AMEX Zync (back when they offered this card). CSRs never identified where they're from.

Message 26 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@trumpet-205 wrote:

AMEX I think is US based service.

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex is most certainly NOT U.S. based. 

Depends on the specific product.  CS is not the same for all AmEx products.  Be careful extrapolating broad trends based on limited sample data.

Well I talked to people who speaks perfect English with no accent for my AMEX BCE and AMEX Zync (back when they offered this card). CSRs never identified where they're from.

I also think it depends on what dept you are trying to speak to , when i was looking for 100k plat offer and was going to apply for PRG it was always US based. Once i try have an problem with Amex i get sent to india, thats with prg, edp , and BCE/BCP cards. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 27 of 39
TheConductor
Established Contributor

CS experience is definitely much more a function of 

• what specific product one has, and
  • what department one is calling, and
  • the actual service quality of the team you reach 

...than it is of the larger lender company offering the product, or the country where the team is based.

When I call the Chase Freedom support line I often get offshore support that has good-but-not-great English and will sometimes misunderstand what I am asking for unless I repeat it with a few different phrasings.  When I call the Chase Sapphire Preferred support line I get impeccable support with no difficulties.  Same company, just different products.

Back when Zync was an active product and I had occasion to call Amex Zync support frequently, that team was also clearly offshore, but you had to work  to notice it. I found the service as consistently excellent as the CSP service is. Reps had high quality mastery of English (both speaking and comprehending) and moreover a high dregree of knowledge of the product.  Amex had apparently considered investing in the quality of their offshore support for that product a priority. Non-US-based doesn't have to be a bad thing.

So far I've spoken to multiple teams at Discover about issues I've had getting Apple Pay working on the Apple Watch with an iPhone 5S. All of those teams were US-based, but the quality of service was far from identical. Different teams have very different levels of knowledge about the promotion, the technology, and the technical requirements. US-based is no guarantee.

When travelling, I've called support for CSP and Amex at hours that would be "the wee hours" in the US, and received support from teams that were apparently UK-based, or maybe in a UK territory or former territory, or learned their English in the UK. Fine service, regardless. There are other natively-English-speaking nations apart from the US.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 28 of 39
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Discover

Capital One, if they like you (I always get CSRs based out of Tampa)

Anyone else there will be a language barrier.

Message 29 of 39
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

My issue with amex is the language barrier plus uninformed CSR , that combo is not ideal.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.