Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards with US based customer servie

tag
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Cards with US based customer servie

@mongstradamus wrote:

I also think it depends on what dept you are trying to speak to , when i was looking for 100k plat offer and was going to apply for PRG it was always US based. Once i try have an problem with Amex i get sent to india, thats with prg, edp , and BCE/BCP cards. 

Never applied over the phone. I did talk to front line CSR and fraud department. Like I said, so far perfect English speaking representive experience.

Message 31 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:
I am aware of capital ones chat and have used it with no issues, but like I said I was locked out of online access so that was not an option. Believe me I didn't call them because I like talking to them.

you don't have to log on to the account to use the chat feature, if you click credit cards page, then you'll see "chat live now" option, click that and you'll be connected to a rep right away, then tell the person you're locked out of the account, and s/he'll transfer you to the right dept. but then again, you have to have right rep to be able to transfer you, otherwise they'll just give you a number to call. Smiley Frustrated

Message 32 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@tamaralig wrote:

I have a problem only once agent begins to patronize me or I really can't understand what they're saying. Then I shutdown and stop listening or even wanting to resolve my issue.

This is a great success from a customer service standpoint!   No issues remain....

Message 33 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've probably spoken to chase at least 5 times on the phone and it's always sounded like someone from USA with no accent 

That;s strange.  When I talk to Chase for my CSP, they always have an American accent.   But I do my best to understand and not ask to be transferred to a UK center.

Message 34 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've probably spoken to chase at least 5 times on the phone and it's always sounded like someone from USA with no accent 

That;s strange.  When I talk to Chase for my CSP, they always have an American accent.   But I do my best to understand and not ask to be transferred to a UK center.

I wonder if I can ask for a chav or geordie customer rep.

Message 35 of 39
Open123
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL...Sometimes, I forget that the English language didn't actually originate in America.

Message 36 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Discover is US based and excellent. US Bank has similarly been pretty good.

Amex is not US based....garbled, foreign CSRs who don't understand me.

Capital One....I've had people who speak perfect English answer before, but that doesn't mean they were able to help me!

This is all very interesting.  Let me tell you what happened to me only yesterday.  I was preapproved, then approved for BCE and received the card last week.  I could not figure out how to add the second account to my online profile (it is actually very easy after speaking with a representative using online chat).  But I first called them.  My CSR had a very thick Indian or Paki accent and spoke fast.,,very fast.  After he finished, I replied, "I didn't understand anything you just said."  I am adament (sp.?) that my statement, while very direct, had neither raised voice, anger nor frustration built into it.   HE HUNG UP ON ME!!!  I was really surprised that this is Amex's level of customer service.  I eventually, later, solved my problem using online chat.  I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.  But I will never call them again.

Message 37 of 39
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one offers online chat, it's the easiest way to deal with capital one's customer service. Well that actually goes for any credit card company with chat service.

I find it as annoying or more actually.  I usually have to wait a long time for a response as if they have 20 windows open chatting.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 38 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TiggerDat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Capital one offers online chat, it's the easiest way to deal with capital one's customer service. Well that actually goes for any credit card company with chat service.

I find it as annoying or more actually.  I usually have to wait a long time for a response as if they have 20 windows open chatting.

I usually watch tv, or read forum while chatting with customer rep, that way i don't have to constactly pay attention to the reps, when I hear any beep or ding sound, then i know they replied,.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.