cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards you've laid out to pasture (September 2012 edition)

tag
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cards you've laid out to pasture (September 2012 edition)

Plus the fact I haven't bought anything on credit from Best Buy  in a few years.  Or anything for that matter.  That company took a turn for the worst.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 11 of 31
DVH1980
Contributor

Yeah, Best Buy is looking pretty bad these days. Walmart and other box stores that now carry the same brands are killing them. I think I read they are clsoing quite a few of their stores as well.

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 12 of 31
DVH1980
Contributor

Your wallet seems to be getting lighter by the second!

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 13 of 31
aamex
Frequent Contributor

Capital One annual fee coming up in a few weeks...if they don't waive the fee... i'm laying it to rest... the limit does nothing for my UTL anyhow.

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 14 of 31
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

The only one I can think of is the Macy's card becaues it gives you 15% EVERY time you purchase, not just the initial sign up.  I don't know if you can combine that with coupons and sale prices though.  If not I'm not sure it's worth it if that's the case.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 15 of 31
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Best Buy store card by HSBC got the axe today.  Off to the shredder it goes.

My Wallet:
Message 16 of 31
charyot77
Regular Contributor

So far just my Orchard Bank card that gave 2% cash back but had a $59 AF!

Ive just finished an app spree that saw me add 4 prime cards so I'm going to be slaughtering my wallet soon.  

Message 17 of 31
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Credit One. I'd tried to do the "threaten to close" thing, and they took my up on it...

Good thing. I canned it before I knew how bad the company actually was. Had no idea that they weren't gonna give me a CL no matter what I said.

Cap1 Platinum next

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 18 of 31
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

I just got approved for a BCP and I will be axing one of my Cap1 cards. Probably the 'platinum' with no rewards..... I will be putting it out of its missery soon.
Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 19 of 31
ACsteel
Frequent Contributor

Wow looks like a capital1 massacre on this thread.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.