Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cards you wish existed

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Cards you wish existed

Are there any cards that you wish existed, but don't? This could be even a gap in cards that your bank has, cards that are great save 1-2 major shortcomings, etc.

For me it'd be:

1. A Chase everyday rewards card with year-round bonuses in groceries, gas, drugstores, and perhaps internet/phone bills. It'd be similar to the Amex BCP with UR points.

2. More Amex cards with no forex fees.

3. More Chip & PIN cards. Virtually none exist currently in the US.

What else would people like to see out there? Let's keep things realistic here, so no "I want everything with no AF" posts please.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

Re: Cards you wish existed

I think my Freedom card would be PERFECT if it kept the same rotating categories but it was always 5% on gas with no cap! A guy can dream! 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 2 of 20
andre181
Established Contributor

I would love a premium Discover Card that has 5% cash back on everything. An AF of $75 or $100 would be fine with me, if they did it.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@andre181 wrote:

I would love a premium Discover Card that has 5% cash back on everything. An AF of $75 or $100 would be fine with me, if they did it.

Wouldn't we all Smiley Happy

Realistically a card that gave you 2-3% back on a few categories of your choosing would be nice.  Similar to BCE/BoA1-2-3 except you could choose 3 categories and always get 2-3% back with no cap. 

Message 4 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Someone or another has a biz card that covers such things as bridge tolls and commuting costs.

I'd be all over that thing if it were on a personal card.

And if they'd add in drugstores, I would have pretty well captured all the excitement of my pitiful life (gas, grocs, commuting, drugstores, department stores.)

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 20
drsmith
Frequent Contributor

A metal card for great credit, but average spending.

Sapphire preferred doesn't count. I've handled dozens of them. They are not metal.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: EQ 820 4/11/16
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Realistically, if a good bank would offer something like the Schwab Visa again I would be first to jump on board.

2% cash back on all spending

No foreign transaction fees

No AF

It's a Visa so no acceptance issues like with Fidelity Amex

Message 7 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:

What else would people like to see out there? Let's keep things realistic here, so no "I want everything with no AF" posts please.

LOL...How'd you guess I was going to suggest this very thing?

An MR structure where I can transfer to UA, US Air, and all those currently in the MR program with an accelerated rewards spending like the PR Gold with the perks of the Platinum.

Message 8 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

LOL...How'd you guess I was going to suggest this very thing?

An MR structure where I can transfer to UA, US Air, and all those currently in the MR program with an accelerated rewards spending like the PR Gold with the perks of the Platinum.

Because there's always people out there who want something for nothing. Even worse are people who, when you tell them this, say they understand and then proceed to demand steak at hamburger prices. Cat Happy

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know cards are big with signup bonuses right now, but that just encourages people to get the card for the bonus and cancel before the AF is due. How about retention bonuses, I know the AMEX gold gives you bonus points if you spend more than 30k a year but what I mean is say, if you are a cardmember for longer than a certain number of years, you get the annual fee waived as long as you use your card every month.

That would be great, annual fee waivers after you have been a cardmember a certain length of time.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.