Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit CLI "App Key #?"

tag
toi34
Established Contributor

Care Credit CLI "App Key #?"

I have some dental work scheduled for Friday and need to put over $1800 on my Care Credit account. I called the automated system, entered my income and residency status, and instead of coming back with the obligatory "Congratulations!" or "I'm sorry..." the system told me write down an Application Key number to give to the rep it was transferring me to. The offices are closed for the holiday, so i'll call back on Monday. But does anyone know what this is about, I've never experienced this with the automated system before???

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Care Credit CLI "App Key #?"

It probably needs a manual review. 

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 2 of 22
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Monday is Labor day so they are probably closed then to.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 22
toi34
Established Contributor

Oops...I meant Tuesday!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 22
ThetoriParadox
Frequent Contributor

did you ever figure out what this was?! I just got a key number last night and the offices were closed and didn't get a chance to call today.

RE-BUILD 2.0
Venmo Card- Mission Lane-Cap1 Walmart- Amex Optima- Cap1 QS- Cap 1 QS1- NFCU Nrewards Secured- Williams Sonoma- Care Credit- Grain- scores hovering around 644-653
Message 5 of 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ThetoriParadox wrote:

did you ever figure out what this was?! I just got a key number last night and the offices were closed and didn't get a chance to call today.

they usually just ask you the questions again and hit the button on the computer and come back with counter or approved/denied... if you get approved you didn't ask for enough... you always want a counter from carecredit.

if you don't call back you can probably log in and see if they gave you an increase automatically.

Message 6 of 22
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Did you ever call? Were you granted an increase?

Message 7 of 22
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I never expected a thread from five months ago to get bumped like this.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 8 of 22
baller4life
Super Contributor

That ain't nothing. I see threads 1,2,3, yrs old getting bumped.Smiley Very Happy
Message 9 of 22
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Popa- sorry bout that. I searched these boards about this topic and couldn't find anything. I mean if they were gonna deny you a cli would they still make you call in with a key #? Doesn't seem right or make sense. Any one out there that can chime in?

thank you.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.