Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit - Doing SP CLIs Now?

tag
jim44
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit - Doing SP CLIs Now?

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Agreed with above statement. For very long time we have come to accept cli's with Sync Financial are hps. This new development is breaking the mold and i second that this will become a popular thread as many seem to have this Care Credit. Ok friends, ill let the actual cardholders have the floorSmiley Happy....

Seriously, is it possible that SPs are done with cardholders that have good to excellent credit and that HPs are reserved for those of us with low starting CL's or credit scores less than 700?  JMHO.

Message 11 of 63
jim44
Established Contributor

@zerofire wrote:

Synchrony has always been a little nuts as a lender. Lately they have gone ahead and gotten 4506T happy which is new for many banks. I guess it might be a side effect of managing so many diffrent custom cards with diffrent underwriting requirenments that Synchrony has gone a little loopy. As for Care Credit that has always been a HP unless you get a SP offer. An SP offer is rare but not unheard of. Just expect a HP and be happy an SP comes through.

+++1111Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@jim44 wrote:

Agreed with above statement. For very long time we have come to accept cli's with Sync Financial are hps. This new development is breaking the mold and i second that this will become a popular thread as many seem to have this Care Credit. Ok friends, ill let the actual cardholders have the floorSmiley Happy....

Seriously, is it possible that SPs are done with cardholders that have good to excellent credit and that HPs are reserved for those of us with low starting CL's or credit scores less than 700?  JMHO.

This is a good thought; the only thing that would make me question it is that Musiclover has a strong profile and she reports getting a HP just last month. 

It's always possible she just missed the 'cutoff' on their policy shift... it will take some more data points before we will really know.  Unfortunately Care Credit is a bit of a 'niche' card so it might take a little while for more people on here to have information to share, especially since only recent data points will have value.

Message 13 of 63
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Woah wait what UncleB? Smiley Wink. Ill tell ya our user names really can throw ones mind off sometimes hee heeSmiley Happy. I thought ML was a guy? BUT all respect to ML Just the sameSmiley Happy enjoy reading postsSmiley Wink
Message 14 of 63
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Woah wait what UncleB? Smiley Wink. Ill tell ya our user names really can throw ones mind off sometimes hee heeSmiley Happy. I thought ML was a guy? BUT all respect to ML Just the sameSmiley Happy enjoy reading postsSmiley Wink

yup! Same here, i thought MusicLover was a dude!

:-)

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 15 of 63
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

How soon can one request a CLI from CareCredit?  I have a very young card, 1 month to be exact.  When is it acceptable to request a CLI??

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 16 of 63
Onthe27thday
Regular Contributor

I am happy to give as much info as possible... I got an increase from 1,500 to 8,000 yesterday as a SP.

I initially requested via chat but they asked me to call in (could be a security measure, I have had fraud alerts in the past). When I called in, they asked what I wanted. I shot high and said 10,000. It is my highest credit line but I did recently get an increase with Discover for about 3,000 that hasn't yet reported.

To Jim & UncleB, I am sure I do not have a 700 score... I haven't pulled my real scores in a while but if I had to guess, I would say 650-680. I have been with them since 2011 and only had one, $200 increase (about 3 years ago).

Not sure what has changed their minds but I'll take it!

Starting Score (Oct '13): 473 (EX), Current Score: MyFICO EX: 713 EQ: 715 TU: 717, Goal Score: 740 & above. Capital One Quicksilver: $2250, Discover IT: $9500, Chase Amazon Store Card: $2600, Care Credit: $15000, Barclays Rewards: $1850 BCE: 20,000, PenFed Visa Sig: 7,000 NFCU cashRewards $24,600
Message 17 of 63
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well done Onthe27thday!. Looks like a well deserved cli.

Good question GWM. if it were like other Sync cards you could call right now but will have to wait to hear what those with card have to say. Im sure a hp could produce a cli now but always is YMMVSmiley Wink
Message 18 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit scores are also 650 to 680, not over 700 and by no means excellent credit, I asked for 10k from 1k and they came back saying we can give you a new credit line of 12k...I was very surprised, so go ahead and try it, I never asked if it was a SP but it was ....hope this helps

Message 19 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a SP CLI on my Care Credit 2 days ago. I went from$1k to $3600 via chat. The new CL is reporting and no HP.

Message 20 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.