Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit - Doing SP CLIs Now?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit - Doing SP CLIs Now?

I asked for an increase via chat and was denied :\ But it was a SP so meh. At least I didn't waste a HP

Message 51 of 63
FatChihuahua

Yesterday I asked for a CLI via chat. I am rebuilding and got a SL of $500 in April (hadn't used any kind of card in 7 years). I asked for $10k as an overshot on chat. They came back with $12k. It was a soft pull.
NFCU Amex $4.6k (9/17) $12.6k (1/18) / PenFed Promise $10k (7/17) / Care Credit $12k (4/17) / Cap One Quicksilver Plat MC $3800 (5/17) / Chase FU $7k (Jan 2018)
Scores July 2017: Fico 08 Ex 665 TU 671 EQ 680
Scores September 2017: Fico 08 Ex 671 TU 682 EQ 678
January 2018: Fico 08 Ex 721 TU 710 EQ 688
Rebuilding since April 2017
Message 52 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

Hello friends!

I've seen several threads over in 'Credit Card Approvals' where a member has received a CLI on their Care Credit and it was only a SP.

As we all know, in the past Care Credit was one of the Synchrony 'exceptions' where if you requested a CLI it was a HP.

Now that I've seen this come up more than once I figured I figured I would start a fresh thread here to try to get everybody's experiences in the same place.

I've you're received a recent CLI on Care Credit (or even tried for one), let us know here if it was a SP or a HP.

Thanks!  Smiley Very Happy

Yes. SP, even though I heard the "it may be a HP..." I asked on chat. But a denial, because I am close to my CL. However, I will try again at end of year, when bal is 0.

Message 53 of 63
xXIDaShizIXx
Established Contributor

I received a SP Increase from $5,500 to $18,020.

Bank of America Cash Rewards: $70k; Chase Sapphire Preferred: $35k; Capital One Quicksilver: $21.2k; Citi AAdvantage: $23.5k; Care Credit: $20k; Chase Freedom: $12.5k; Chase Freedom Unlimited: $12.5k; Citi Simplicity: $15.9k; Wayfair: $22K; Barclaycard Rewards: $10k; Car Care One: $10k; AMEX BCE: $15k; Discover IT Miles: $10k; Citi DC: $9.2k; Marvel: $10k; Ashley Furniture: $6k; PayPal Credit: $10k; US Bank Cash +: $5k;
Message 54 of 63
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

This is soooooo tempting. I just might have to try my luck.
Message 55 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm going to watch this thread. I might get Care Credit when I emerge from the garden, both for my medical bills - I really need some dental work done - and also for vet bills (yes, Care Credit covers that) as I'm anticipating adopting two pet rabbits later this summer or fall and will need to provide for their care too. In consequence, the ease or difficulty of obtaining CLI's on this card will be of some importance.

Message 56 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Asked for one a few months back, it was a SP. And I am learning my lesson now that I am on these boards that I should ask for more than I need. 

Message 57 of 63
UncleB
Credit Mentor

I'm pleased to see that the SP trend seems to be continuing with Care Credit; thanks to all for the continued data points!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 58 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the informaiton in this thread. I currently don't need an increase, but good information should I need one. All my increases were HP's. Some without the increase being granted. I think it had something to do with the "bucket" I was in when I opened the card. I still had a Chapter 13 showing then. Love that so many of you were able to increase your credit lines with a SP!!!

Message 59 of 63
Cherekas
Frequent Contributor

@Jdana70,

How long did you have your card when you requested your increase?

Score: F8 EQ 609, EX 597, TU 614 (1/17) Current Score: F8 EQ 701, EX 714, TU 689 (12/18)

Goal Score: 700+ across all 3--Gardening until May 2019
USAA Amex-USAA Rate Advantage VS- Amex Gold- Amex Delta Blue- Macys- NYC CC- Victoria's Secret- Cap 1 QS- NFCU CR- Care Credit- Firestone- Sams Club CC- Best Buy Visa- Paypal 2% MC

Total CL $96,300
Message 60 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.