Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Extension

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Care Credit Extension

This is probably a foolish question but has anyone ever had luck getting the terms of their Care Credit interest free extended? I ask because I have 2 seperate charges on my account, one for my glasses for $200 which was given 18 months. The second, was for $1200 but I was only given 6 months to pay that off. I know I can direct my payments to the charge expiring sooner but I was hoping there would be a chance to get more time. 

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Care Credit Extension

Nope no extensions.. If you cant pay it off it time psosibly BT it to a card with 0 APR until you can pay it off?

Message 2 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Nope no extensions.. If you cant pay it off it time psosibly BT it to a card with 0 APR until you can pay it off?

+1

I'll add that with Care Credit the purchases are deferred interest, which means if you don't have a purchase PIF by the time the period expires they go back and add interest from the day of the original transaction

I also currently have two 'plans' active on my account, and in my case the smaller one also has the longer period of deferred interest.  My shorter (and larger) plan expires in December, and if I happen not to have it PIF by November I plan to do a BT to Quicksilver or Discover. 

Note that I'm making sure it's PIF a month early... it would be terrible to be off by a few days and get soaked with all that back interest!  Smiley Surprised

Message 3 of 8
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

That was a big *duh* on my part. I will throw as much extra cash at it as i can over the next few months and then balance transfer to my credit union. Not 0% but 5.9 on the balance is better than 26% on the whole thing. Thanks for the reminder! 

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 4 of 8
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Charger_Fan19 wrote:

That was a big *duh* on my part. I will throw as much extra cash at it as i can over the next few months and then balance transfer to my credit union. Not 0% but 5.9 on the balance is better than 26% on the whole thing. Thanks for the reminder! 

I disagree... not a 'big duh' at all...

The 'big duh' would have been not checking things out and ending up with back-interest added back on!  Smiley Wink

It's the wise folks who ask questions and save themselves money and headaches.  grandpa.gif

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, if I couldn't PIF before the promo period ended, I'd probably just BT the balance off to another 0% offer on another card. I'd be doing this well before the Carecredit promo ends, because they do charge interest retroactively. So, if you decide to BT it, do so at least 3 weeks before your promo ends, so your BT has plenty of time to post to CC.

Edit: Oops, it looks like that's pretty much what UncleB told you above. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Yes, there are several good BT offers out there.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 8
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

+1

I'll add that with Care Credit the purchases are deferred interest, which means if you don't have a purchase PIF by the time the period expires they go back and add interest from the day of the original transaction

I also currently have two 'plans' active on my account, and in my case the smaller one also has the longer period of deferred interest.  My shorter (and larger) plan expires in December, and if I happen not to have it PIF by November I plan to do a BT to Quicksilver or Discover. 

Note that I'm making sure it's PIF a month early... it would be terrible to be off by a few days and get soaked with all that back interest!  Smiley Surprised

I generally do the month or two early as well.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.