Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit---Great Card & service!

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Care Credit---Great Card & service!

For those of you looking for a fairly easy card to get, try this one.  I have sort of narrowed my score to something like 640 when I got it in March of 08.  I have seen where lower scores get the card too,and I haven't seen a limit posted under 1k!

They are through GEMB & pull EQ.

While I did mention this on another thread...more has happened since.  My initial limit was 2k.  Last fall they dropped it to1100, so I called on 07/03 to ask formy CL back & I got more than I asked for!  Now it's $2500.

I knew they were going to post to the CRA's any day now so I'd been checking.  Today I saw that they updated with my last payment but not my CLI Smiley Sad  Yes, I was very sad...so I called them!  The csr told me they post to the CRA's on the 3rd & that's the day I got the increase.  Then she offered to do an update request & now in about 48 hrs I will have my CLI updated as well!!!  

I use this card for my kitties at the vet, but people I know have used it for Lasik & dental work too, so it's pretty handy.  The pmts have a 0% int if you pay that portion by the specified date.  Longer pay timeframes for larger purchases.

I am in NO way affiliated with them, but I have to say, it's a great card to have, they post to all 3 & their customer service folks are totally cool!

Just thought i'd post about a positive experience with a ccc for a change!!  Smiley Very Happy

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit---Great Card & service!

Just wondering if you applied for this online or at your doctors/vets office.
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 07-06-2009 12:04 PM
Message 2 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

They ran my EQ right there at the vets office & I had instant approval

And yes, you do have to watch for the dates they fall due.  I've had minimal purchases, but when both kitties needed checkups, teeth cleaned (yeah, I know!) and update shots, it was nice to not have to come up with the cash upfront, or God forbid...drive up my util on my 10% int card!  Smiley Very Happy

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-06-2009 03:36 PM
Message 3 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

i use the card for vet expenses too and have had a good experience overall, though i wasn't impressed w/ cs on the card as you were.  the zero promos have come in v, handy with vet bills costing me thousands of dollars each year recently.

this card has been deemed a predatory lending instrument by some gurus because of the way interest accrues on promos if you are one minute late on the due date, i can see why it would be.  23.9% interest rate on an 18 mos. promo gone sour could be astronomical.  by paying off promos well in advance i've skirted this issue entirely but buyer beware. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 4 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

BungalowMo wrote:

They ran my EQ right there at the vets office & I had instant approval

And yes, you do have to watch for the dates they fall due.  I've had minimal purchases, but when both kitties needed checkups, teeth cleaned (yeah, I know!) and update shots, it was nice to not have to come up with the cash upfront, or God forbid...drive up my util on my 10% int card!  :smileyvery-happy:

i hear ya!  it really has been a great card in that respect, it just makes me a bit nervous sometimes.  my lucky low (lol) if i carry a bal briefly is a 6% CU card.  while less expensive i like to keep util low or zero on it as well so i totally agree care credit has been a great convenience. 

at first i didn't realize that teeth cleaning for cats/dogs is not the relatively uncomplicated procedure as with human patients and that it can be esssential especially for pets who resist brushing (or for pets of owners who resist brushing their pet's teeth, lol)  my vet said it's considered a surgery since it requires anesthsia.  for older animals pre-cleaning blood tests, echo cardiogram and special precautions during the procedure can run into the thousands.

cost of a simple canine dental cleaning w/o extractions in nyc AMC:  $650+  (every 2 years or so recommended depending on condition of teeth) 

peace of mind that you are protecting your pet's heart and overall health:  priceless! 

brushing rules!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 5 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

One cat...Sweetie has only needed one cleaning...Maggie...she's got gum issues!  Needs it more often.  Right about $300 every time! Smiley Surprised

But yes, she's my baby so she gets what she needs! Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been over a year since I got the card and hasn't used it yet.
Message 7 of 9
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I wish I would have applied for this card when my cat had surgery after a miscarriage. It would have been nice to put the emergency surgery on Care Credit instead of my wifes WaMu/Chase card. Oh well, its done now.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 8 of 9
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@dizbuster wrote:
I wish I would have applied for this card when my cat had surgery after a miscarriage. It would have been nice to put the emergency surgery on Care Credit instead of my wifes WaMu/Chase card. Oh well, its done now.

If you still have pets it's worth looking in to.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.