Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Line increases

tag
Chase1234
Established Member

Care Credit Line increases

Does anyone know how often you can request a credit line increase with care credit??? I received one last year in May after requesting with a hard pull. So I tried to get another in April of this year and was denied by them saying I am not eligible.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
toi34
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit Line increases

BE CAREFUL....I believe everytime you request a CLI is is a hard pull whether or not you're approved.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 2 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Chase1234 wrote:
Does anyone know how often you can request a credit line increase with care credit??? I received one last year in May after requesting with a hard pull. So I tried to get another in April of this year and was denied by them saying I am not eligible.

I would request via the automated system over the phone and ask for $25k, the system will instantly counter if you qualify or "may" give you a reference number to write down and tell you it is transferring you to a rep (DONT HANG UP) The HP has already been done so go ahead and talk to the rep, they will probably ask you if you have a need instantly for the large cli or something or just tell you the same thing the computer could have which is what you do qualify for...

I repeat, GE COMPUTERS COUNTER, so if you get approved instantly for what you asked for it means you didn't ask for enough! I always ask for $25k! I learned once by only asking for $5k!

Message 3 of 8
Chase1234
Established Member

Last year I applied for $5000 and was instantly given it.... How long did you wait before applying for another credit line increase???
Message 4 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

4-6 months.

ask for 25, system will counter

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the phone number for the automated line? I can't find it. 

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

What is the phone number for the automated line? I can't find it. 

It would be the customer service number on your card.

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Got mine in October...I guess I bet use it. Ive never used it. Ill got buy some eye glass cleaner or a new case, lol.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.