cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit No Manual Review Available??

tag
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: Care Credit No Manual Review Available??

I got my CareCredit account several years ago and I know that I talked to someone there for a CLI - haven't had one in years though.  I do remember them saying that my dentist could also call and request a limit that would cover the cost of the procedure.  I think they have a different line for actual providers.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 11 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

He has opened up multiple accounts over the last few months, no? If that is the case, that could be the reason for hesitation for giving more of a limit. You said the cards that have high balances are like that because of 0%, but how are they to know that? You could try paying some down and then asking for an increase again. You also just went through a financial review with American Express, so that should also tell you to cool down with the new cards. I don't know anything about Care Credit, but it would make sense if they weren't as lenient with credit limits for it, since people would be more likely to charge it up and not be able to pay in an emergency.

I don't disagree that he has new accounts and some high balances...

but he doesn't have that many... he is at like 4-5 INQ on TU in last 6 months and 7-8 in year.

the financial review on amex I believe was because of the mass amount of spending on new account vs. his history of the account he had for over a year (no biggie)

Id be happy to take balances are to high right now even if they are 0% FROM A MANUAL REVIEW!

His last approval was Barclay $15k and Bank of America $15k... $500 from GE!!!!!

Message 12 of 15
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

I know how frustrating it can be and how it can make no sense sometimes. 2 weeks ago I applied for Navy Federal and Fidelity Amex at the same time. Navy Federal gave me an initial CL of $40k and Fidelity gave me a whopping $1k which was the lowest CL I had since college. And when a CSR told me that if I make multiple payments a month it is like a higher CL, I just wanted to cut the card up and mail it back to them.

However, I know it is nice to talk to someone but if he did trigger a FR from Amex then it is likely even with a manual review they may not go higher because there is something on his report triggering it to happen.

Message 13 of 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

I know how frustrating it can be and how it can make no sense sometimes. 2 weeks ago I applied for Navy Federal and Fidelity Amex at the same time. Navy Federal gave me an initial CL of $40k and Fidelity gave me a whopping $1k which was the lowest CL I had since college. And when a CSR told me that if I make multiple payments a month it is like a higher CL, I just wanted to cut the card up and mail it back to them.

However, I know it is nice to talk to someone but if he did trigger a FR from Amex then it is likely even with a manual review they may not go higher because there is something on his report triggering it to happen.

again the amex doesn't really have anything to do with GE and manual review....

this is all in my amex fr thread... the spending on the blue was over $8k in under 2 months and his spending on his 1 year old costco was only about double that.... so it looked like we had multiplied monthly spending by a number I guess they wanted to check on.... those balances were not reporting or being carried so that was not seen elsewhere.

like I said I'm usually resonable and if they wanted to argue the new accounts and a couple high balances regardless of overall util being only 26% concerns them then fine... but not by a computer and I have a feeling any other GE card with manual review they would not be concerned... I mean we all know we are talking about GE that gives out Walmart cards with under 600 credit scores and bankruptcy's, etc.!~!~!

Message 14 of 15
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I don't disagree that he has new accounts and some high balances...

but he doesn't have that many... he is at like 4-5 INQ on TU in last 6 months and 7-8 in year.

the financial review on amex I believe was because of the mass amount of spending on new account vs. his history of the account he had for over a year (no biggie)

Id be happy to take balances are to high right now even if they are 0% FROM A MANUAL REVIEW!

His last approval was Barclay $15k and Bank of America $15k... $500 from GE!!!!!

From what I have seen, they don't give out massive initial limits. I do understand that a $500 limit may seem insulting, but remember it isn't anything personal. At this point, I would just suggest waiting a few months and ask for an increase again.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.