Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit Question

tag
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Care Credit Question

I have been denied by Care Credit in the past, so I'm gun shy. Of course this was 3 years ago and my ficos were 150 points lower.......

Anyway, I have two new accounts this month:
Discover More-$1500cl
HSBC Disc.-closed immediately (hated the terms)

I also have two major changes that are about to occur.
1. I have a new Amex that will be posting soon, but it should come with 7 years of history (thanks to the awesome policy)!
2. I have combined 2 HSBC cards into one. The credit limits will be combined, but it will close the other account.

The two new accounts have posted last week, and my equifax didn't really change. Then today I get a score watch update that my score went down by 17pts to 688. The alert says I have an 7 year old CO in dispute(just came off the other reports) and a 7 year old medical debt.....Anyone know why my score would drop 17 pts?

My catch 22 I have to book the appt now but I have to have the money (care credit) for it, but now I don't know if my scores are good enough?

I need to get approved for $15,000....
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Re: Care Credit Question

I dont know how much care credit gives in limits but your scores should be good enough to get approval. Check out whogavemecredit.com as there is a listing for care credit.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess--
Your scores are more than golden for CareCredit. They have been accused in the past of preying on customers with poor credit and no insurance, with your scores, I can't see why they wouldn't approve you. Actually, the only thing I could imagine is that they might decline you on being *too* qualified for their product, because they might not enough money off you Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 9
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

bump
Message 4 of 9
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Thanks so far guy, just wanted a couple more answers before I app.......so scared!

Whogavemecredit.com doesn't help much because although people with lower scores got approved, there was nobody asking for a limit as high as I need.  I don't know if anyone is successful getting that much ($15k).

Message 5 of 9
SWISSOATL
Contributor

if ure score is over 630 with few inq! GO FOR IT!
and if they deny u then go for a Firestone or Goodyear!
EQ N/A
EXP- 692
TU- 673 3/10/08br>
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
Thanks so far guy, just wanted a couple more answers before I app.......so scared!

Whogavemecredit.com doesn't help much because although people with lower scores got approved, there was nobody asking for a limit as high as I need.  I don't know if anyone is successful getting that much ($15k).

Sorry to say, I don't think you're going to get $15K from Care Credit.  My dentist told me that the largest initial approval she had ever seen was $6K.  My DF got a Care Credit card, and was approved for $5.5K, and that was with an EQ score of 775 and squeaky clean reports.

Message 7 of 9
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

I'm so confused about it cause the doctor's office says they get high approvals when the patient needs it.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ferferhess wrote:
I'm so confused about it cause the doctor's office says they get high approvals when the patient needs it.

Well, that could be.  Perhaps it does vary from provider to provider.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.