Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit Rewards Mastercard

Anyone get anymore letters?
Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I received a new card today but it's not a Mastercard. My old card was green this new one is silver.

Message 42 of 60
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a new card today but it's not a Mastercard. My old card was green this new one is silver.

Interesting... Surprised they sent a new card as no expiration date on the green cards. New ones are more appealing to the eye, but how often does one carry it in their wallletSmiley Happy

Message 43 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting... Surprised they sent a new card as no expiration date on the green cards. New ones are more appealing to the eye, but how often does one carry it in their wallletSmiley Happy

Exactly. And this new card has an expiration date... really strange.

Message 44 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife received the offer last month. Her TU score is in the 730's and mine around 680 due to a $200 medical collection from 2013 showing only on my TU, which is why I am sure I didn't get a letter. 

Message 45 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone else get any upgrade letters?

Message 46 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

This appears to be somewhat of a 'unicorn' card... I can't even find any info on it online that doesn't lead back to this thread on this website.

It might be like the J.C. Penney MasterCard... handed out seemingly at random and at random times.  In any case, I look forward to more data points about this product.  Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

This appears to be somewhat of a 'unicorn' card... I can't even find any info on it online that doesn't lead back to this thread on this website.

It might be like the J.C. Penney MasterCard... handed out seemingly at random and at random times.  In any case, I look forward to more data points about this product.  Smiley Happy

Well, here's an update. Went to my wife's CareCredit account just now. She has CareCredit and Car Care One. When I logged on it popped up with a picture of the new CareCredit card with a MasterCard logo and said "Our records indicate the following cards are eligible to be added to your account. Click here if you'd like to add this card."

So I clicked it and at the moment it shows three cards.  Car Care One, the old CareCredit and now the new CareCredit MasterCard. The two CareCredits do indeed have different last four digits, though I can't see the whole account number yet. Both CareCredits show a $7000 limit but the Mastercard shows $1400 available cash advance.

Im assuming the old CareCredit will disappear and I'll keep you guys posted on any changes that happen. I'll try to get a picture up too. Getting ready for work now.

Edited to add: Had to go in and update income after registering the card. I have a screenshot saved but I dont know how to attatch it. No time to research it now but if someone wants to reply with some quick, easy instructions I'd be happy to post it.

Message 48 of 60
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Well, here's an update. Went to my wife's CareCredit account just now. She has CareCredit and Car Care One. When I logged on it popped up with a picture of the new CareCredit card with a MasterCard logo and said "Our records indicate the following cards are eligible to be added to your account. Click here if you'd like to add this card."

So I clicked it and at the moment it shows three cards.  Car Care One, the old CareCredit and now the new CareCredit MasterCard. The two CareCredits do indeed have different last four digits, though I can't see the whole account number yet. Both CareCredits show a $7000 limit but the Mastercard shows $1400 available cash advance.

Im assuming the old CareCredit will disappear and I'll keep you guys posted on any changes that happen. I'll try to get a picture up too. Getting ready for work now.

Edited to add: Had to go in and update income after registering the card. I have a screenshot saved but I dont know how to attatch it. No time to research it now but if someone wants to reply with some quick, easy instructions I'd be happy to post it.

Sending you a PM.  Smiley Happy

Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Sending you a PM.  Smiley Happy

Pm'd you back. Guess I don't have that ability. 

Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.