Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit and Cap1 Healthcare

tag
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Care Credit and Cap1 Healthcare

I need to have a med procedure (don't have insurance)so I app'd for both. I got $8,500 from Care Credit initially, then recon'd and got $10,200. BTW this is my first account with Care Credit.
I immediately app'd for Cap1 Healthcare and got denied. Here's the tricky part.....They ask you how much you want, then come back with a yes or no.....NO COUNTER OFFER! For example, I asked for $10,000 and got flat denied. They didn't say, "Well, we cant give you $10,000, but we can give you $5,000..."

I called and spoke with multiple customer service reps today for recon and THEY DON"T RECON????? They said that you have to guess what you think you might be able to get and if your guess is off then you get denied. There consultation is " Well, you'll receive a letter from us in 30 days and at least you'll get a free credit report!" I am so mad right now, that comment is not even the slightest bit funny.

I did speak to a supervisor, and he had the nerve to tell me that he has never heard of a customer being able to speak with underwriting(or CS) and get a recon at ANY BANK OR LOAN COMPANY! He basically said that doesn't exist in this world and that I was making it up and how dare I call up Cap1 and tell them how to lend money!!!!

SSSSCCCCCRRRRREEEEEAAAAAMMMMMIIIIIINNNNNGGGGG MMMAAAAAAADDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
The hardest part is waiting!! I'm an instant gratification girl!!!
06/24/2008: TU 708, EQ 705, EX 712
06/09/2008: TU 699, EQ 688, EX 712
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit and Cap1 Healthcare

Wow, I can certainly understand your frustration. I understand all CCC's are in it to make a buck, and not many score high points on the personality scale, but one would think that a lender for HEALTH care credit would have a sympathic bone in their body.  Sheesh, it's not like you are trying to overextend yourself to buy a mercedes....you need a medical procedure for crying outloud. I wish I could offer some advice, but I do empathize with you. How sucky.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

You probably already thought of this, but in case you haven't:

What about asking for a small amount (maybe $2500?) and seeing if you get it, and then asking for a CLI? Or is that not how healthcare credit lines work???

I'm genuinely asking! Until I came here to these boards I never even KNEW there was such an animal!!

EDITED: See? I got all excited, thinking there might be a way to solve your problem that I totally forgot the most important part of my post!! Which is:

I really and truly hope everything works out for you, Fer!! I'll be praying and hoping for you!!

{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}

Message Edited by Wonderin on 06-27-2008 11:49 PM
Message 3 of 7
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

Oh my gosh, thanks you guys so much for your support!!! I really do appreciate all of your kind words!

As to apping small and asking for cli later....Well, I'd love to do that but I have to have my procedure this month. I can't app with them again for another 30 days and I won't if they are the last lender on earth! The sad thing is, I have a car loan and a CC both with perfect payment history. I'm so upset, I'm thinking that once this is all said and done, I might refi the car and cut up the card....
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well. SuperCrap. Smiley Mad

I guess you've already thought of calling and calling and calling until you get someone with an actual brain (not to mention a HEART). :/

Have you already tried a siggie loan at your local bank? I've heard of our CU giving loans for situations just like yours!!

I hope I don't offend you by saying this, but I'll be praying for you. I don't think I've ever wished that I had the answer more than I do now. Smiley Sad

Please, please, please, please feel MORE than free to holler at me and vent. I know you have friends and loved ones in RL, but sometimes, you just can't beat venting to a stranger. Someone who's not "underfoot" all the time? Anywho, I mean it, okay?

{{{{{{{{{{Ferferhess}}}}}}}}}}}
Message 5 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Ferfer, with your scores, Capital One denying you is astounding.

Do you have any recent baddies on your CRs? If I were you I would try a Citi Flex LOC or a BOA LOC. You stand a good chance of being approved, and the cash can come in handy at times like this.
Here we go again...
Message 6 of 7
ferferhess
Regular Contributor

I only have 2 baddies: 3 year old paid collection for $22
1 3 year old 90 day late on student loan

Everything else has been perfect! And I only have 7 inquiries in the last year, 1 for cell phone and the others for car loan (went with cap 1 car loan).......713 score!!??

I'm so scared to try for anything else right now because I just got an Amex. I guess I could max out the amex and just forget about good credit for a while...

It sticks cause I have NEVER had good credit before. I feel like I just made it to the 700 club and now I have to give it all up.....

I'm thinking about writing on PFB. Do you guys think they would do anything for me on that end?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.