cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit ap[proval better chance at office or just at home?

tag
professorr
Regular Contributor

Care Credit ap[proval better chance at office or just at home?

I'm going to need two crowns in the coming month.  I've been with this dentist for 5 years, embarassed to ask about payment plan with him and thought I might try care credit.  are my chances better applying in office and different than from home?

I have dental insurance but will have toi pay for 50% of the bill for crowns. (my cost   I was discharged  August 2013 from a huge debtload and only have a small Capone card that was approved this month.

any thoughts ?  my cost will be est. $1,600

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Care Credit ap[proval better chance at office or just at home?

Bump for help 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@professorr wrote:

I'm going to need two crowns in the coming month.  I've been with this dentist for 5 years, embarassed to ask about payment plan with him and thought I might try care credit.  are my chances better applying in office and different than from home?

I have dental insurance but will have toi pay for 50% of the bill for crowns. (my cost   I was discharged  August 2013 from a huge debtload and only have a small Capone card that was approved this month.

any thoughts ?  my cost will be est. $1,600

Never be emabrrased about a payment plan with your provider, especially if you've been there for 5 years.  Depending on the services, they may have a decent payment plan which could possibly be better than CareCredit.  it just depends on whether they offer one that meets your financial needs.

As far as approval chances, there is no difference whether you apply at their office or if you do it from home (all subject to credit approval of course).  However, if you do it from home (and if approved), be sure to print out the temporary paperwork which includes the acct # and reference ID.  Be sure to ask your provider which terms your procedure amount would qualify for (i.e. 0% for 6, 12, 18 months, etc). since this will vary by provider.

On the application itself, be sure to indicate a reasonable "estimated procedure amount" enough to cover your procedure an thensome to provide some "wiggle" room (or in the event you may need other procedures in the future).  So, if your procedure is approximately $1,600, then aim for 3x or 4x that amount.  Best of luck!

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

1. Apply now at home... CareCredit is one of the GE cards that is still done all computer with no recon from credit solutions.
2. I like suggestion if you need $2, ask for $3k.
BUT... If approved, next day call the automated system (which your app from them tells you to do after approval) call in and ask for $20k... The system will instantly raise it to the max internally at time and it will counter what you ask for!!
Message 4 of 6
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I applied at home at the time I believe at the time my highest limit was a Walmart store card with a $700 limit. I had read on here to shoot for the sky. I did that and asked for $5000 almost fell off my chair I was approved. When they say higher limit cards get you higher limit cards is true read my siggy from $300 cap1 to what I have in 3 years.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 6
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Care Credit it sort of 'weird.  I was instantly approved for $1500, asked for $2500 received it.  My score was 630 and carrying 30% utilization.  DH was instantly approved for $2500, asked for 10k, denied.  Reason?  Utilization.  Which is currently under 5%.  I don't get it.  His scores are 670 and paid off mortgage.  I put in 88k for his salary, which was actually low.  My salary is 40 part time.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.