Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit approval odds

@Anonymous wrote:

Fianlly i am on my desktop. Thank you for your reply. I have two questions for you. Is the Care Credit card really worth it? and does it report to all three bureau as department store card or just your reguar average credit card. oh and nice cards by the way i updated my post you can also see whats in my wallet.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here only because I regret apping for the CC.  My Fico's were almost exactly like yours only I only had 1 inquiry on Transunion and 1 on Equifax. None on Experian. One of my oldest cards is a synchrony( or whatever it's called) bank card which is the same bank as CC. They only gave me 1500. I requested 6000 which is what I needed for the  surgery. A few months later I apped for the Discover and got 6000 with 12 month 0 % interest.  I've not used the Care Credit and it's been nearly a year. I'm told they'll cancel it but until then it's only a utilization buffer for me. I'm far from an expert here, but I'd totally think about  applying for another 0 percent card before I put an inquiry toward this one.  I don't know how much your procedure would cost and how long it would take to pay it off so YMMV.

Edited to say that my regret stems from the fact that if I had apped for a regular 0 percent interest card, and it didn't give me the limit I needed, I could still use it somewhere. I have absolutly no need for the Care Credit outside of that one procedure. 

Message 11 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

They want to do a surgical removal on my tooth. And I do not know how much it will cost they said that they will call me prior to the estimate amount and I made an appointment for Aug21st.. I would definitely rather take the discover card it card over any credit card however judging from my recent open accounts and inquiries I will be denied without a fight. My last application was June 16th for capital one quicksilver visa and was DENIED my scores that time

Experian 652
Equifax662
TU686
Message 12 of 34
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

With your TU score, the odds are very good.   I was approved for $2K when I was at ~630 on TU.   I was able to get SP CLI to $10200 about two months after opening the account.    Care Credit does report to the 3 CRAs and shows as a store card ("charge card" vs "credit card").

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 13 of 34
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fianlly i am on my desktop. Thank you for your reply. I have two questions for you. Is the Care Credit card really worth it? and does it report to all three bureau as department store card or just your reguar average credit card. oh and nice cards by the way i updated my post you can also see whats in my wallet.

I'm going to throw my two cents in here only because I regret apping for the CC.  My Fico's were almost exactly like yours only I only had 1 inquiry on Transunion and 1 on Equifax. None on Experian. One of my oldest cards is a synchrony( or whatever it's called) bank card which is the same bank as CC. They only gave me 1500. I requested 6000 which is what I needed for the  surgery. A few months later I apped for the Discover and got 6000 with 12 month 0 % interest.  I've not used the Care Credit and it's been nearly a year. I'm told they'll cancel it but until then it's only a utilization buffer for me. I'm far from an expert here, but I'd totally think about  applying for another 0 percent card before I put an inquiry toward this one.  I don't know how much your procedure would cost and how long it would take to pay it off so YMMV.

Edited to say that my regret stems from the fact that if I had apped for a regular 0 percent interest card, and it didn't give me the limit I needed, I could still use it somewhere. I have absolutly no need for the Care Credit outside of that one procedure. 

I think this a very good criticism and worth considering.  

For me, both my dentist and my optometrist accept Care Credit.   I put my recent eyeglass purchase on 6 month special financing.   I used 12 month financing for my glasses and eye exam last year, when I didn't have any vision coverage.    I like that I can use special financing and not have it tie up my CL on another card.   Everyone has different credit needs, so it's important to look at the full picture before deciding if a product meets your particular needs.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 14 of 34
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Also Care Credit does offer 6-24 month financing 0% interest depending on amount and Dr.. It is a very worthwhile card to have and much rather use CareCredit then Discover as another above poster mentioned.  It is a very worthwhile card to have in your portfolio for Vet/Dentist/Cosmetic, etc..  You will definitely get approved and based on other factors that approval amount can be reconned by SP for a few more thousand typically..  Put 15k in for procedure and see what they give youSmiley Happy..  Never know when you are going to need it for a dentist or vet visit, very worthwhile card IMO.

Message 15 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
They want to do a surgical removal on my tooth. And I do not know how much it will cost they said that they will call me prior to the estimate amount and I made an appointment for Aug21st.. I would definitely rather take the discover card it card over any credit card however judging from my recent open accounts and inquiries I will be denied without a fight. My last application was June 16th for capital one quicksilver visa and was DENIED my scores that time

Experian 652
Equifax662
TU686

Looks like it was a similar procedure, too! If I remember correctly, the extraction wasn't expensive, but I had a diffrent dental plan then. It happened right before I quit one job to start a new one. In my case the expense came from the dental implant afterward,  but that was billed out as two procedures.  I'm sure they'll tell you everything you need to know before the time comes. I don't want to curb your enthusiasim for the Care Credit. Lot's of people here use it and like it. I think you have a good chance of qualifying. 

Message 16 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Intresting. Thank you SunriseEarth I'm glad I atleast I have a shot in getting this annoying toothache fixed. I really like that care credit does offer the special financing and I saw 6-18 months 0% Apr and I can afford a $4000 bill in that time that is $222 a month no problem. Or 15%apr for 36-60months this info is what I got off the website.
Message 17 of 34
dave36021
Regular Contributor

both myself and my wife both just got CareCredit a few weeks ago with scores a little lower then you and some baddies on her report mine if fairly clea. We each got 1k and tried to get it increased but was shot down for the increase. We are planing to use it for our sons braces so we will max out one make some payments and then try and get the limit raised after a few payments. But I would say that your odds are very good

Back In the Garden since 6/5/2016

My Fico Scores: EQ:639 EX:665 TU:651

AU: Comenity/Bealls FL 930; Capital One 300 ;
Message 18 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow thats exactly what he was telling me for the implant i was so stressed whem he was explaining to me how pricey it is. i just recently just finishing paying off all my collections and yes pay for delete almost $6000 worth all medical related, and payed of money i borrowed over the years to relatives and payed off all my credit card depth and im only left with so little $ and i wanted to start saving and my tooth started to hurt and so on.....

my dental insurance from my job only covers maximum of $1000. the whole precudure amount i am anxious to find ou they said they will call me to give me the amountt. furthermore as far as qualifying for Care Credit goes i read this card is issued by Sychronay bank and i happan to have a $5000 CL Walmart with them i shop there heaviley and i make 2-3 payments monthly always pay in full and a little financing here and there and I never went over 750$.

Message 19 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update you guys. Today I applied for the Care Credit I asked for $5000 and I was instantly approved for $5500!!!! go figure I can now have my teeth done. My 1st appointment is in Aug 21st I still do not know how much everything will cost me I will worry about that latter for now I want to enjoy comfort of with no pain.
Message 20 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.