Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit closed due to inactivity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit closed due to inactivity

It was bound to happen, but I was hoping I had another week.

I got an alert from CK that my Care Credit was closed due to inactivity. I didn't use the card because they only gave me a 1500 dollar limit and my dental work was twice that. I finally decided to use my 0 % interst Freedom with teh card and get the dental work done 11/20. Apparently, I was a week too late. I thought about calling them up and asking them to reopen,but I don't think I really want the card.  I just got a CLI on my Discover that should help with any utilization issues and my AAOA went from 5.11 years to 6.7 years. So my Vantage scores went up 5 points. Not sure about Fico until next month.

For data points the card was a little over 1 year old. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Care Credit closed due to inactivity

it happens. You've been on these forums long enough to know to have called into credit solutions and take the HP for a CLI. Sorry it happened, and no they won't reopen the same acct. Next time if you decide to reapply for it, and are approved, call into Credit solutions immediately and get the limit raised. There have also been lots of posts, including mine, that we have found creative ways to use the card to keep it open, without really needing it for a bigger purchase. Sorry it happened.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Echoing pizza's post. So sorry that happened....

Message 3 of 8
Cotton_Britches
Frequent Contributor

Yep. Same thing happened to me around the one year mark. 

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so you know your Fico scores won't go up as the card counts towards your AAoA whether it's closed or open.  It's only Vantage Score that doesn't consider closed cards.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all for the kind words. My story for why this card was not really useful to me gets a little complcated. I got the card a week before I was offered a new job that only offered Kaiser so I can no longer  use if for medical,  only dental. I also don't have any pets right now.  I didn't do a HP because I'm buying a house in about 5 month. Even without the home buying, I don't see the purpose of using a HP for  a card that is very limited in use( for me).  If I was going to use a HP,  it would be on my Freedom or CSP. I did see your post, Pizza, for creative ways to use the card, but those options were not open to me where I live. I even tried getting contact lense solution at Visionworks, but they had a minimum they would allow on the card. I am actually not that upset about the closure. It was my lowest CL and my Utilizaton is currenlty 2 %.  My post is more of an aw dang it, I was just about to use it and for data point purposes. But honestly...shrug. 

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just so you know your Fico scores won't go up as the card counts towards your AAoA whether it's closed or open.  It's only Vantage Score that doesn't consider closed cards.

Thanks Irish, I forgot that part.

Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

t

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks all for the kind words. My story for why this card was not really useful to me gets a little complcated. I got the card a week before I was offered a new job that only offered Kaiser so I can no longer  use if for medical,  only dental. I also don't have any pets right now.  I didn't do a HP because I'm buying a house in about 5 month. Even without the home buying, I don't see the purpose of using a HP for  a card that is very limited in use( for me).  If I was going to use a HP,  it would be on my Freedom or CSP. I did see your post, Pizza, for creative ways to use the card, but those options were not open to me where I live. I even tried getting contact lense solution at Visionworks, but they had a minimum they would allow on the card. I am actually not that upset about the closure. It was my lowest CL and my Utilizaton is currenlty 2 %.  My post is more of an aw dang it, I was just about to use it and for data point purposes. But honestly...shrug. 

that stinks!  Smiley Sad  Its quite unfortuate, but that card can be used at several places...Chiroprators, weight management, viison, dental, dermatology, the list goes on and on. oh well whats done is done now, and I can understand about not taking the HP now since you were buying a home, smart move. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.