Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit drama

tag
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Care Credit drama

Also, I've noticed you have two Discover cards.
With your scores, I do not think they will unsecure any time soon. You already have unsecured Disco card ( at least according to your siggy).
Take your deposit and pay some of your debt down, or save it for the next pet emergency as you obviously care about your fur buddies.
Good luck!
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was looking into CareCredit a while back and have read this over and over again about them closing people randomally. Not sure it's worth the risk.. like I rather risk another HP on a regular card or a CLI somewhere just for more security.

Does it even look that special or excusable if your one nearly maxed out credit card is a "Care Credit" as if it were for medical purposes only and you kept your others clean? Does anyone know?

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was low just like anyone else. Debt. Its coming up and thats what matters. 

as for not becoming unsecured, I was told by Discover as long as i keep paying on time, it will be. 

and no, having a balance on Care Credit is not seen as medical... its simply seen as Sychrony Bank and a debt owed. You can use it for more than just medical so they dont care what you used it for. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

JP85, I posed a couple of questions back in Post 10 if you have the time to circle back and reply. 

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did answer. I answered why the score is lower. Smiley Happy 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedioswrote:
Also, I've noticed you have two Discover cards.
With your scores, I do not think they will unsecure any time soon. You already have unsecured Disco card ( at least according to your siggy).
Take your deposit and pay some of your debt down, or save it for the next pet emergency as you obviously care about your fur buddies.
Good luck!

He or she may also check out Understanding FICO Scoring while the debt may exist with lates or whateva... understanding how

all the FICO Scores work is also a good start. Smiley Wink

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Im surprised they gave me one too but im thankful!! We had to take the pets to the vet and it paid for our sick bunny ( who died from the crappy vet). 

Im glad to know it will still report positive. I was a bit worried about that. 

My score has improved since then. Not a super jump but going higher. 

So sorry to hear about your bunny. I have two pet rabbits myself and I went into a fairly extensive search to find a good "exotic-animal" vet with plenty of bunny expertise (which I did; if you're in the Washington, DC area, check out Stahl Exotic Animal Veterinary Services in Fairfax, VA; I have my buns' semiannual checkup scheduled for next month).

I got approved for my own Care Credit in late October - which I got anticipating not only vet expenses but also dental care - when I was somewhere in the 650's. Started out at $4,000, but I got a jaw-dropping $11K CLI last month (which actually worries me just a little since I know Sync's hard limit for exposure is $100K and my three cards now stand at a total of $25K, and I still have my eye on the Marvel Mastercard once I exit my current gardening phase). Perhaps one day you'll be able to get Care Credit again once your scores get higher, as, stipulating its high APR, it really is pretty nice to have a dedicated healthcare card and they do have nice interest-free deals on "big ticket" items.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

Wow! Synchrony seems to be on a rampage with closing cards.

I know, right. Ever since I started hearing the reports about the great Walmart crackdown, I've been nervously eyeing my own three Sync cards (Walmart, Amazon, Care Credit). All three of them seem to be fine...so far.

Message 18 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AnonymousI did answer. I answered why the score is lower. Smiley Happy 

I asked where your utilization currently sits.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@AnonymousI did answer. I answered why the score is lower. Smiley Happy 

I asked where your utilization currently sits.

+1. Utilization is a key piece of information when trying to puzzle out why AA has occured. Oftentimes AA is tied to sudden sharp increases in utilization - for instance, in a recent thread discussing AA on Sync's Walmart card, the OP turned out to have had their utilization go from 30% to 67%. In fact, I seem to recall reading that sudden large increases in utilization (across multiple cards?) are one of the warning signs of so-called "bust out" fraud, according to Experian. (Please note that I'm not accusing anyone of any unethical or illegal behavior. As I've noted in other similar threads, the unhappy fact is that some honest people are getting caught up in AA sweeps because certain activities, carried on in good faith, trigger warning alerts at the issuers when they do account reviews.)

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.