Did you mean: 

Care Credit what a joke, lol

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Care Credit what a joke, lol

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@BGinVA wrote:

Just applied for Care Credit online and got an instant decline.  Not that I have great scores (626/657/687) but who the heck except someone with my scores would agree to pay 26.99% annual interest?   Just who are they existing for?  I can assure you if my scores were even 25 ponts higher each I would not even consider their sucky terms and interest rates.  Anybody have any recent dealings with Care Credit and want to add to my amusement, or give me some unknown philosophy on how they operate?  

This is where I need to calmly and carefully choose my words...because to be honest, I found this post to be a little insulting and pretty far from accurate.

First, let's be clear here: There is NO one size fits all creditor on this planet. When my score jumped above 600, I applied for a Kay credit card because I had heard they were both BK friendly and relatively easy to be approved for. They turned me down flat - even after I was approved for Wal-Mart, CareCredit, and others who reportedly required higher scores. I was annoyed, but not disparaging of Kay as they are not obligated to lend to anyone, let alone me.

CareCredit is the same - as is the entire GE line of cards. JCP, CareCredit and Wal-Mart (among others) will approve some (like me) instantly with scores in the low 600s, yet will deny others with higher scores. Why? Who the heck knows?

Maybe they want a different demographic of customer. Frankly, if I was Wal-Mart, I would approve a borderline credit customer who will likely charge freely and pay off regularly before a high roller. Why? Because I know very few wealthy friends who shop at Wal-Mart, let alone use anything but their AMEX to pay for them.

In the case of CareCredit...yes, the interest is high...IF you don't PIF by the end of the no-interest promo periods. Those of us who have the card and use it responsibly appreciate a ZERO interest loan to cover medical expenses that otherwise would have had to wait.

Look, I know you're disappointed about being denied for the card, but it is bad form to come on this board and slam them just because they didn't approve YOU. The fact is, GEMB cards play an important role for many of us who are in the netherworld of Creditville i.e. 600s-ish...not terrible, but not good credit either. If you disagree with the denial, call and recon it (What do you have to lose? You'll be getting a hard pull anyway). In the meantime, try to be a little more gracious in denial because in the end you do yourself no good by blaming the lender.

+1

You must have had some need in the first place to apply for this card??

Message 11 of 15
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@BGinVA wrote:

Just applied for Care Credit online and got an instant decline.  Not that I have great scores (626/657/687) but who the heck except someone with my scores would agree to pay 26.99% annual interest?   Just who are they existing for?  I can assure you if my scores were even 25 ponts higher each I would not even consider their sucky terms and interest rates.  Anybody have any recent dealings with Care Credit and want to add to my amusement, or give me some unknown philosophy on how they operate?  

This is where I need to calmly and carefully choose my words...because to be honest, I found this post to be a little insulting and pretty far from accurate.

First, let's be clear here: There is NO one size fits all creditor on this planet. When my score jumped above 600, I applied for a Kay credit card because I had heard they were both BK friendly and relatively easy to be approved for. They turned me down flat - even after I was approved for Wal-Mart, CareCredit, and others who reportedly required higher scores. I was annoyed, but not disparaging of Kay as they are not obligated to lend to anyone, let alone me.

CareCredit is the same - as is the entire GE line of cards. JCP, CareCredit and Wal-Mart (among others) will approve some (like me) instantly with scores in the low 600s, yet will deny others with higher scores. Why? Who the heck knows?

Maybe they want a different demographic of customer. Frankly, if I was Wal-Mart, I would approve a borderline credit customer who will likely charge freely and pay off regularly before a high roller. Why? Because I know very few wealthy friends who shop at Wal-Mart, let alone use anything but their AMEX to pay for them.

In the case of CareCredit...yes, the interest is high...IF you don't PIF by the end of the no-interest promo periods. Those of us who have the card and use it responsibly appreciate a ZERO interest loan to cover medical expenses that otherwise would have had to wait.

Look, I know you're disappointed about being denied for the card, but it is bad form to come on this board and slam them just because they didn't approve YOU. The fact is, GEMB cards play an important role for many of us who are in the netherworld of Creditville i.e. 600s-ish...not terrible, but not good credit either. If you disagree with the denial, call and recon it (What do you have to lose? You'll be getting a hard pull anyway). In the meantime, try to be a little more gracious in denial because in the end you do yourself no good by blaming the lender.

+1

I didn't. I wanted the card just for an emergency situation. You have to make use of it within a year tho or they close it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 15
nuggets321
Frequent Contributor

+ 1.... sounds like you're more "hurt " with the denial than anything.... research the forums and get a "backdoor number" and try for a "recon".  A lender is a lender no matter if they are financing whether it be  your new LCD tv or the fillings in your mouth....  Im fairly certain that you will receive a reason for denial letter, improve what it says you are lacking.... if you happen to have a known medical collector in your credit files they may be considering you too much of a risk...??

TU-721 (MortgagePull) EQ- 697(MortgagePull ) EXP 693(MortgagePull) FWEB 24,2015
My Wallet : Dicover More 35,500 CL -Amex Zync NPSL -WellsFargoRewards4800 - -CapOne 3000CL -GEMBWalMart 5000CL - Zales 4000CL-Kays 2900--Macys 5000CL /SSFCU 5000CL / CitiBank Diamond Pref 15000CL - CHASE Freedom 13500CL -Lowes 10,000 CL - BBuyStoreCard 10,000CL Sears Store Card (Citi) 3000 - Firestone CFNB 1400 Toyota Financial $35,000 Auto -2200DiscountTire(GECRB) Citi TY Preferred 8100CL - Chase Slate$4000-BofA15000-ToyotaRewardsVisa$10,700 -BofA$8500 AMEX BCE 9,500
Message 13 of 15
Smug
Established Contributor

I love care credit, have it just in case.
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 14 of 15
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@BGinVA wrote:

+1

A minor need, yes...but here's the thing: I underestimated the cost of the procedure.

Called the CS Departmenta day after I was approved...they asked how much I needed...I told them..they approved it.

IMO, GEMB gets bad print on these pages sometimes because people have a personal beef with them. In general, they provide good services for a range of customers.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.