Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Care Credit

My husband and I were recently informed that our dog would need to have surgery to repair the severely luxating patellas in both of her hind legs.  I applied for Care Credit because of the no interest/pay over time feature (as long as you make your monthly payments on time and don't default).  I was approved and am very greatful that the limit is more than enough to cover the surgery.  However, I'm not really sure how the process works after we have established the costs of the surgery and are ready to move forward.  How do I let Care Credit know which plan term (6 months, 12 months, 18 months, etc) I would like to use?  Is this something I have to discuss with the provider?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Care Credit

Congrats on the Care Credit card. DH has it for the doggies, and we've been happy with it so far. The provider will be able to tell you which plan will apply for the procedure. Best wishes on a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for your dog.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 7
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats on the Care Credit card. DH has it for the doggies, and we've been happy with it so far. The provider will be able to tell you which plan will apply for the procedure. Best wishes on a successful surgery and a speedy recovery for your dog.

Ditto the speedy recovery for your valued family member!

Ditto also IME on the CareCredit payment options. I have yet to find a provider that accepts the card who didn't offer some form of deferred interest plan. Minimum payments are pretty low, too. So long as you PIF before the no-interest period ends, it's all good Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 3 of 7
miltown81
New Contributor

I too am new to Care Credit and have found it very easy. The provider usually tells you what plan to be on and as long as you pay off the balance before the "promotional period" ends, you're all good. It's a great plan to have if you dont have the money up front.

Starting Score: 711
Current Score: 819
Goal Score: 820

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I recently had to use a CareCredit account for my baby girl (dog)

The vet was offering 18 months on anything over $1500... Care Credit was also awsome because her first hospital stay was around $1700 and then she had to go back in for fluid in her lungs 2 days later and that was only like $500 but when the statement came, both transactions were under the no interest for 18 months.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the input, everyone!  I'll speak to my provider to see what options are available.  I was hoping that surgery wouldn't be necessary until after Christmas, but it looks like we need to get it taken care of pretty quickly.  Poor girl. 

Message 6 of 7
hotpoint
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the input, everyone!  I'll speak to my provider to see what options are available.  I was hoping that surgery wouldn't be necessary until after Christmas, but it looks like we need to get it taken care of pretty quickly.  Poor girl. 

Congratulation, for the LOVE you and yours have shown to your animal, and don't worry about the options your provider will share what they are signed up for -- just this morning I had simi major surgery (dental) and was prepared to put the charges on my NFCU Visa Signature Card (12.99) and was oftered the option of 12 mos. 0%.  After checking the forum for Care Credit, I decided to move forward and while in the chair the rep. said "congratulation you are approved".  I later found out the CL was for 5k, 12 mos. no % and much more than needed . . .

HotPoint

P.S. All wounds heal except for does that you pick at

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.