Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Re: Care Credit?

what kind of terms do they generally offer? Do they have 0% promo?

Message 11 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@compassion101 wrote:

what kind of terms do they generally offer? Do they have 0% promo?

0% for 6, 12, 18, 24, 36 depending on location... you have to ask what they offer because they have to pay for it!

Message 12 of 17
ptilda
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It all depends on your overall CR profile amongst a few factors.  It is possible that you could get marginally approved and not for the highest CL as expected, thereby making it counterproductive - unless as Creditaddict mentioned, whether they would be willing to extend any additional CL from the get-go... YEMV.

yes don't miss the part that my partners CL was $800 when he did the CLI... he was instantly approved for $500 originally and then at 24 hours was able to go to $800 but still GASPING terrible CL for him but fast forward the 4+ months and clearly there computer came around to realize how terrible too because then was able to go all the way up to $12,500.

Did you ask again, or did they auto CLI?

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 13 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

It all depends on your overall CR profile amongst a few factors.  It is possible that you could get marginally approved and not for the highest CL as expected, thereby making it counterproductive - unless as Creditaddict mentioned, whether they would be willing to extend any additional CL from the get-go... YEMV.

yes don't miss the part that my partners CL was $800 when he did the CLI... he was instantly approved for $500 originally and then at 24 hours was able to go to $800 but still GASPING terrible CL for him but fast forward the 4+ months and clearly there computer came around to realize how terrible too because then was able to go all the way up to $12,500.

I agree, but let's keep one thing in perspective, the OP's profile is nowhere near your partner's profile.  While the initial CL was low and perplexing, you were able to leverage a higher CL within a few months.  I'm more realistic with the outcome than the possibility, but I doubt the OP would be able to get anything comparable based on the given profile, just my .02c.

Message 14 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

what was your partners credit profile when he apped?

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

700's but quite a number of newer accounts and some higher balances. GE is just one of those weird ones... and CareCredit is still 100% computer run... no credit analyst, no credit solutions to try to get more... computer!

Message 16 of 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Creditaddict wrote:

@djc1puno wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

700's but quite a number of newer accounts and some higher balances. GE is just one of those weird ones... and CareCredit is still 100% computer run... no credit analyst, no credit solutions to try to get more... computer!

Yes, computer algorithms are harder to convince.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.