Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit?

I haven't gotten a card yet but I'm pretty sure I'll get one.  I know I can use it at other participating providers, but it looks like it have to be pre-approved.  I would try calling them, 888-519-6111, maybe they'll be able to confirm if your Dr participates.  It says they don't do referrals, but you already know who you want to go with.  Any maybe if your Dr isn't participating, you could get them to sign up.
Message 31 of 69
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Care Credit?

i haven't heard any buzz about Cap1s version of health care financing but thought i'd post in case you wanted to see what they offer as you're making a decision on what to do:

http://www.capitalone.com/healthcarefinance/?linkid=WWW_0908_Z_10_HOME_H1_05_T_MC1

i hear ya!  i think it's probably good to be app resistant in general.  but i was recently denied at pen fed for products and a few weeks later approved by discover with lower scores and higher balances.  i am so happy i took a chance, i almost didn't try for discover because of the pend fed denial.  thank goodness i went for it.  just saying, by all means make an informed decision as to suitability b4 apping at all, but a single rejection (from a quirky issuer) shouldn't prevent you from pursuing other options.  GL!  i know in this climate apps can be a bit of a roller coaster ride Smiley Sad

@Anonymous wrote:
Too be honest I'm wary of app'ing for anything right now!

Message Edited by score_building on 01-03-2009 09:13 PM
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 32 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit? Update

Just wanted to give everyone an update on care credit. I finally got my letter which I thought was BS of course. When I got my equifax report I called them back and talked to a lady who was very nice. I explained to her my credit score, went over the letter from them as well as my EQ report. She said during the month of December they went under very tightening lending instructions and very few people were approved including people with very good credit. She told me I should reapply since they lightened up a little in Jan, I told her I wasn't sure since the inquiry would ding my score yet again as the first did. She said she really didn't see why I would be denied.

Oh yeah I also used my JCP card and put a whopping $68 on there so that may have helped too. She connected me to the automated line but I hung up and went to the website. I entered 4K since that should cover my dogs surgery & my sons crown at the dentist, I was instantly approved for 4100. So, any of you that applied in December with good credit and was denied if the need out weighs the score hit, your chances are better now.

Message 33 of 69
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Awesome update!  WTG!!!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 34 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to give everyone an update on care credit. I finally got my letter which I thought was BS of course. When I got my equifax report I called them back and talked to a lady who was very nice. I explained to her my credit score, went over the letter from them as well as my EQ report. She said during the month of December they went under very tightening lending instructions and very few people were approved including people with very good credit. She told me I should reapply since they lightened up a little in Jan, I told her I wasn't sure since the inquiry would ding my score yet again as the first did. She said she really didn't see why I would be denied.

Oh yeah I also used my JCP card and put a whopping $68 on there so that may have helped too. She connected me to the automated line but I hung up and went to the website. I entered 4K since that should cover my dogs surgery & my sons crown at the dentist, I was instantly approved for 4100. So, any of you that applied in December with good credit and was denied if the need out weighs the score hit, your chances are better now.

I'm very pleased for you.

I too apped in December and I already hade 700 scores AND I have another GEMB account with Zero balance and they turned me down. I cashed two CDs and paid my 5K dental bill. CareCradit can bite me. I'm not giving them another shot.

Message 35 of 69
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita
Moved:

Nickerdemus' post has been split off to form its own thread, as it was not relevant to this one. New thread title: GEMB/ Buds Guns

Message 36 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

If GEMB was declining Care Credit apps to good credit in December, they are approving again.  I applied this morning for $12,500 and was instantly approved for that amount.  The decision came so fast it's hard to believe they had time to check credit.  Normally you get the little animated "processing, please wait" for up to 30 seconds.  I clicked submit and the Congratulations page came up without any pause or hesitation, like 0.02 seconds.

Message 37 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the update TX.  We're needing some pricey dental work and had decided to hold off on Care Credit.  Your info is greatly appreciated.

BTW - would Care Credit be considered a credit card or a "store" card?  We're wanting to add a "store" card to DH's mix.  Were thinking Macy's but if Care Credit fits the bill, then that's one less card to app for.

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-15-2009 10:31 AM
Message 38 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@utah2009 wrote:

Thanks for the update TX.  We're needing some pricey dental work and had decided to hold off on Care Credit.  Your info is greatly appreciated.

BTW - would Care Credit be considered a credit card or a "store" card?  We're wanting to add a "store" card to DH's mix.  Were thinking Macy's but if Care Credit fits the bill, then that's one less card to app for.

Message Edited by utah2009 on 07-15-2009 10:31 AM

Hmmm....it is a credit card and can be used at any "participating" health provider, but it is not a "major" card and can only be used at health providers....so it is like a store card.

I only applied because my wife needs some "pricey" dental work too, and we want to use one of those interest free offers for it.

Message 39 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll go to their website and check out those interest-free offers.  Anything helps!  "Lousy dental insurance! ;( "  Just want to confirm - did they pull EQ for you?

Message 40 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.