Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care Credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit? Update

Yes, EQ for me.  I'm in Texas, not sure if they pull different for other regions.

But, both GEMB accounts I applied for (Rooms to Go & Care Credit) pulled only EQ.

Also, the "interest free" offers are health provider based.  So, certain providers will offer specials.  But Care Credit does not do it directly.  If you don't go with a special provider offer, interest is awful, something like 22.94%.

Message Edited by txjohn on 07-15-2009 11:19 AM
Message 41 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay - DH's application went in this AM - $8,000 - approved.  I wonder if I should have requested more????  Our dental work will be about $6,000 and would like to keep the utilization down (So I guess I should have requested $60,000 Smiley Very Happy)!

Thanks for your posts, TX.  They are a great help.

So, I wonder if JCPenney, GEMB, also only pulls EQ?  We're in (as you might guess Smiley Wink ) Utah.  DH had an account with them, he closed in '01, and is wondering if they'll reopen the account with the original date for aging purposes........

Message 42 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@utah2009 wrote:

Okay - DH's application went in this AM - $8,000 - approved.  I wonder if I should have requested more????  Our dental work will be about $6,000 and would like to keep the utilization down (So I guess I should have requested $60,000 Smiley Very Happy)!

Thanks for your posts, TX.  They are a great help.

So, I wonder if JCPenney, GEMB, also only pulls EQ?  We're in (as you might guess Smiley Wink ) Utah.  DH had an account with them, he closed in '01, and is wondering if they'll reopen the account with the original date for aging purposes........

1.  Re-open account:  No, will require a new application.

2.  Age account based on old account:  No, it will have the new account open date, if approved, and past account will have little if any bearing on their decision.

As for CL, I put in $12,500 just in case the work DW needs is more than expected ~$6k to $8k and I didn't want the account totally maxed.

Message 43 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Care Credit?

Utah what are your scores if you don't mind me asking?

I'm looking to open a care credit account for some Veterinary Services for my sick cat Smiley Sad

but did not want to waste the inquiry.  Last I checked my scores were about 680-700 range but it has been

awhile since I've pulled them.   No negative items but I have a short history and two new accounts within the

last six months one being a GEMB JC Penney's card.  It's at a zero balance.

Message Edited by mainemedic on 07-16-2009 08:49 PM
Message 44 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH is at 765 on EQ - no derogs - I believe this is Inquiry and new account #4.  Two new in May and two in July. 

Hope that darn cat is doing well!  Best wishes with Care Credit. 

TX mentioned they were harder to get last December (if I'm remembering right - I've been on these boards way too long today - TX is that right? or have I lost my marbles?) than they are now.

Message 45 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update on Care Credit.  DH applied 7/15 and was approved for $8,000.  Called today (7/27) and asked for a CLI on the same credit pull.  Was approved for $11,500 - a nice $3,500 increase.  Thanks TXJohn for letting us know that had worked for you.  This is now DH's highest CL - second highest is $10,000.  Pretty good for us rebuilders!
Message 46 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

DH is at 765 on EQ - no derogs - I believe this is Inquiry and new account #4.  Two new in May and two in July. 

Hope that darn cat is doing well!  Best wishes with Care Credit. 

TX mentioned they were harder to get last December (if I'm remembering right - I've been on these boards way too long today - TX is that right? or have I lost my marbles?) than they are now.

There had been posts during late 2008 that Care Credit had declined several forum members who had reasonable CR's and FICO's.  It was "rumored" that they were in a "tight credit period."  I don't have first hand knowledge, I posted in reply to those when I app'ed they instant approved for high CL, so they appeared to be "back in business" or at least not real tight, cause I had multiple new accounts and inquires at time of my app.

Message 47 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is CareCredit one of GEMB's non BK friendly cards?  Daughter is planning elective surgery and I need to know if I should wait out my 8 yr old BK that reports only to EQ or go ahead and app for this.
Message 48 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

VEEnVEGAS wrote:
Is CareCredit one of GEMB's non BK friendly cards?  Daughter is planning elective surgery and I need to know if I should wait out my 8 yr old BK that reports only to EQ or go ahead and app for this.

Guardian, I think, wrote this on another post:  "I don't want to be responsible for you getting denied but just consider that when I applied, it was 1.5 years after a Ch. 7 and my score was 580, just something to consider but then again the financial market wasn't in the toilet like right now either."  2-28-09  in the thread Re: Carecredit... Apply or no??

Message 49 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

The other factor for CareCredit is your GEMB history.

My DW has great credit (752 FICO) and no derogs, 13 year oldest and 4 year AAoA, CL's as high as $10k and prime cards.  But CareCredit declined her because she has a GEMB/Chevron card which was over limit often in the past year (used for bus fuel and expenses).  So, we stopped using that card for bus and letting it report every month at zero with useage (Chevron is our corner station and reasonable cost).

If you have decent credit, income and no GEMB issues, then you probably will get approved.  But of course, my crystal ball is in the shop, so this is just guesstimating.

Message 50 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.