Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit - AE - BOA - Navchek success

tag
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

Care credit - AE - BOA - Navchek success

Only been in the garden for just under three months after opening several new cards, and came out to apply for care credit requested 12000 gave me 11500 - BOA travel card $10,000 Navcheck $10,000 and I log into my American Eagle and the upgrade to Visa offer came up :-) limit was just $700, when I accepted offer it gave me $4000 Smiley Happy had the card for 5 years, had just 150.00 limit until last few months whereby I have been requesting increases.  I read on here you need a limit of $2000 to upgrade, so just wanted to share that its not necessarily true.

Anyway, I really need therapy because applying all the time isn't good, I currently have 92 INQ on my EQ in the last two years Smiley Sad((  The only card I want now is the chase SP its currently in review, pretty sure it's declined, I wont even bother calling backdoor number with all my INQ lol.  Will come out of garden in 6 months to re-apply...

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Care credit - AE - BOA - Navchek success

@Happychap wrote:

Only been in the garden for just under three months after opening several new cards, and came out to apply for care credit requested 12000 gave me 11500 - BOA travel card $10,000 Navcheck $10,000 and I log into my American Eagle and the upgrade to Visa offer came up :-) limit was just $700, when I accepted offer it gave me $4000 Smiley Happy had the card for 5 years, had just 150.00 limit until last few months whereby I have been requesting increases.  I read on here you need a limit of $2000 to upgrade, so just wanted to share that its not necessarily true.

Anyway, I really need therapy because applying all the time isn't good, I currently have 92 INQ on my EQ in the last two years Smiley Sad((  The only card I want now is the chase SP its currently in review, pretty sure it's declined, I wont even bother calling backdoor number with all my INQ lol.  Will come out of garden in 6 months to re-apply...

Congrats on the approvals.

Ok was this a typo?? You have 92 hard inqs on your EQ????

**Hands you the myfico Award for most inqs**

Message 2 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

what? 

Congrats on the cards. 

are the inq due to apps on cards only? 

are you drapping? 

buddy put the pen/keyboard down and think about what your doing. 

The good thing is that I think with those cards you should be set for the next 2 years when all of those fall off. 

Just use the cards and pay them off and don't app for anything unless you need it to survive the zombie apocalypse. 

Then watch your score rise from aaoa/ and inq aging/ falling off. 

Good luck and good riddance. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 3 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

the 92 INQ are total for the last two years. Mixture of apping and CLI requests.  My score isn't that bad considering (EQ 722) ? I don't carry any revolving debt, I PIF all my cards.  I only find the INQ become an issue for the first three months after an App spree :-) other than that they don't seem to do me any harm, apart from a few score points).  I think if I carried alot of debt or maxed out my cards creditors would be cautious but they see I PIF. 

Message 4 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Holy cow!!! 92 inquirys!!!! I think you are myficos,"most inquirys in 2 years" award winner! Congrats on your approvals!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 5 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

My TU and EX are better. TU only has 20 and EX 19 in the last two years.  Everyone just likes to pull EQ for me. 

Message 6 of 10
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

well congrats to that. you must have a long aaoa? 

mine is 8 months(due to new cards) 2 are at 2 years. 

like i stated i have 22 inq all across 3 reports (one inq falls off on friday woo!) i have 2 more falling off in the next few months. 

other then that they are all new. 6 from feb and the rest june-aug of this year. 

my score is 690's so letting pass time my aaoa will grow and as inq age off my score will reflect good. 

is that including soft inq? it just seems crazy to be pulled 90 times on one report... 

i guess i should ask chase for that cli earlier.... (if i wasnt in the garden) 

but i guess if i get approved for bce/true earnings i guess id be out of the garden anyways. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 10
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

AAOA is 3 yrs... Luckily FICO doesn't take into account inquiry's over a year and many of the lenders I have come across don't seem  take account after around 3 months, especially if no new account was opened as a result of that inquiry.   Only 18 of those inquiries are in the last 6 months from an app spree in July mostly, and October.  Every lender I app for seems to pull EQ!!! which really puts a stink during app spree time.  I have froze my report again today and will wait  until 3 months for when I will revisit my wishlist :-)

Message 8 of 10
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 9 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@gettnthere wrote:
Holy cow!!! 92 inquirys!!!! I think you are myficos,"most inquirys in 2 years" award winner! Congrats on your approvals!

+1  Congrats!!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.