Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Care credit

tag
Tomgon1981
Frequent Contributor

Care credit

Logged in to my fico this morning to notice a score drop of 4 points due to care credit closing my account due to no activity in 14 months. Never asked for cli due to it being a HP my limit was always $800 my question is should I have let this card close? Or is this a card I'll regret letting close down the road?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Care credit

Unless you actually have a need for it, I don't think it matters that they closed it. The limit is small, and can easily be made up either with a new account or a CLI on an existing account.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tomgon1981 wrote:
Logged in to my fico this morning to notice a score drop of 4 points due to care credit closing my account due to no activity in 14 months. Never asked for cli due to it being a HP my limit was always $800 my question is should I have let this card close? Or is this a card I'll regret letting close down the road?

If you had it for 14 months and never used it, then you probably don't need it.  $800 isn't alot and you can look at the closure positively thus if you ever want it again, just re-apply and you will probably get a better limit.

Message 3 of 4
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

sorry to hear. I personally took 2 HP's to get my limit where I thought I could actually use it. Ive only used it once for eye glass cleaner to keep it open. I last used it in July, so Im going to use it soon for another small purchase.

I always suggest using cards at least once every 4-6 months for a small purchase if its a card you don't use. With Care Credit, I know you're limited, but there are TONS of places that accept the card now. Vets, Doctors, Optical, etc..

Did you not call in within 48hrs after approval to get it increased in the SP time limit frame?? Whats done is done now...

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.