Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit Card Approval?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit Card Approval?

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if I apply for Care Credit will they approve me? My EX score is 678 I have 24% overall utilization 3 years with credit experience, a lot of inq about 11 due to a car loan and 1 baddy a CA paid in full ,trying to get Premier Bank to removed. I seriously need to get lasik and was wondering anyone's experience with this card. Thanks Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Re: CareCredit Card Approval?

I got approved when my scores were a lot worse than they are now.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 2 of 23
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

That is to say, your current profile sounds better than my profile when I was approved.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I was wondering if I apply for Care Credit will they approve me? My EX score is 678 I have 24% overall utilization 3 years with credit experience, a lot of inq about 11 due to a car loan and 1 baddy a CA paid in full ,trying to get Premier Bank to removed. I seriously need to get lasik and was wondering anyone's experience with this card. Thanks Smiley Happy

Your score should be good enough and a 3 year history helps. Keep in mind that those auto loan inquiries might get counted as just one for scoring purposes anyway. How old is the paid collection?

Chances are, you'll get approved - it's just a question of what kind of CL they'll give you.

Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much did u get approved for also what was the average age of accounts and HH income?
Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

The date of 30 days was Nov 2009
Message 6 of 23
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

CL is $3k - but my credit was in pretty bad shape. Probably only got approved because income is over $60k.

Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to get approved for atleast 5k i applied a year ago and got denied but i had a balance on my charge off will i have to show proof of income? Also when were you approved?
Message 8 of 23
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

I got it about 18 months ago.  You can apply and if you aren't approved for enough you can call or have the doctors office call for a CLI.  CareCredit will consider CLI requests outside of the 4 month windows if you have an estimate from a doctor or if your doctors office calls it in.

Message 9 of 23
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I hope you understand the CareCredit Terms and Conditions (link provided below).

If you do not pay the entire amount before the end of the interest-free period, you will be charged 26.99% APR interest on the entire amount, even if you have made payments.

The current APR for CareCredit is 26.99%.

http://www.carecredit.com/apply/184-019-00%20Terms.pdf (it's a .pdf file, so software able to read Portable Document Format files is required)

The average APR for credit cards is currently just under 15%.

If you pay off the entire amount before the end of the interest-free period, CareCredit is a short-term loan with no interest.

If you don't pay down the balance and you don't pay off the entire amount before the end of the interest-free period, it could result in financial ruin.

26.99% APR is a heavy burden.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian March 2024, 844 TransUnion March 2024 | (FICO 9) 850 Equifax March 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.