Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit not budging without HP for CLI

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CareCredit not budging without HP for CLI

Any luck from anyone calling a backdoor or speaking to a credit analyst??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Re: CareCredit not budging without HP for CLI

Seem to be one of the only ge cards the is a hp for cli. The only tip I can give is ask aim high when you do ask!

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

This made me think of my care credit account. Have appt. when I may use this card to take advantage of the promo rate. Maybe I will go for cli. Can you do this on the new website or only over the phone like the GE store cards?

Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

You know the other poster saying this is like the only GE card that wants HP all the time.... I don't feel like it use to be that way either.

My friend had one about 4 years ago for $10k that he had asked for was closed after 2 years of no use... he opened a new one last year and only asked for and got $5k but now over the 11-12 months has asked for CLI to $10k and it ALWAYS says they would have to HP... press 1 if you would like to go to underwriting for this...

CL not needed so not worth the HP but just seems odd that nothing is approved without HP.

Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

You know the other poster saying this is like the only GE card that wants HP all the time.... I don't feel like it use to be that way either.

My friend had one about 4 years ago for $10k that he had asked for was closed after 2 years of no use... he opened a new one last year and only asked for and got $5k but now over the 11-12 months has asked for CLI to $10k and it ALWAYS says they would have to HP... press 1 if you would like to go to underwriting for this...

CL not needed so not worth the HP but just seems odd that nothing is approved without HP.

Yea this card might be a lost cause then if its only HP, not taking any new HP's until at least march.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@ CA,

If your friend didn't need or use the care credit account for 2 years why would it matter what the limit was?

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 6 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

My mothers cl it 20k with this card. So could be worth the hp.

Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@ CA,

If your friend didn't need or use the care credit account for 2 years why would it matter what the limit was?

it didn't matter... 

and poster about $20k... It would be worth HP if needed... they seem great on CLI with that... but don't need so not wort HP... that's all

Message 8 of 9
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

Im kind of on the fence about asking. Almost want to ask just to see how high they will go! I am sick! LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.