Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit now accepted at Rite-Aid

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: CareCredit now accepted at Rite-Aid

@Anonymous wrote:
Never saw this thread! I'm paying down a balance on mine. If I spend 40 at rite aid and immediately push a $41 payment, I'm still on pace on zero financing correct? I always pay them 100 a month, the 12 month payoff breakdown is 92.

That's an excellent question... in theory, I believe the answer should be 'yes'.

I'm currently paying down two different plans, a 12-month 0% plan and a 24-month 0% plan, and I'm still trying to get a 'handle' on how payments are allocated myself.

Message 31 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
well of course its now accepted here, just weeks after they closed mine for inactivity...SMDH! BTW...Got my official letter from them, and it specifically states in the letter that my account was closed only due to non-use, and for no other reasons or anything related to my credit reports. It actually stated that.....no biggie .. Thanks for sharing!

ha ha ha I could have written this post! +1 same letter came my way. I would have deffinitely used mine at Rite Aide if they accepted it during the time I had the card. I have one right up the street from my house and go there weekly.  While I don't miss the card and it's too low to be useful limit ,I would have liked to have kept it since I already took the hit. This is great info OP and in my openion deserves it's own post.

Message 32 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to Rite Aid yesterday and used my dormant, never used Care Credit card. I bought some personal manicure type things and a pair of reading glasses. I paused at the beer before checking out, then thought nah....better keep it to personal care items. Smiley Wink

Message 33 of 36
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went to Rite Aid yesterday and used my dormant, never used Care Credit card. I bought some personal manicure type things and a pair of reading glasses. I paused at the beer before checking out, then thought nah....better keep it to personal care items. Smiley Wink

LOL... I like that, using CareCredit for beer!  Smiley Very Happy

Actually, that would have been fine... the only thing the FAQ explicitly states you can't purchase is gift cards. 

I don't know if the register will enforce that, or if it will be up to the cashier to 'police'.  Regardless, I don't see why anybody would want to put a GC on this card anyway... the APR for newer accounts is 26.99% and there are no rewards, so there's nothing to 'gain', so to speak.

Message 34 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LOL... I like that, using CareCredit for beer!  Smiley Very Happy

Actually, that would have been fine... the only thing the FAQ explicitly states you can't purchase is gift cards. 

I don't know if the register will enforce that, or if it will be up to the cashier to 'police'.  Regardless, I don't see why anybody would want to put a GC on this card anyway... the APR for newer accounts is 26.99% and there are no rewards, so there's nothing to 'gain', so to speak.

Good point about GC and not wanting to use it for that, due to the high interest rate. This is a card that should be used in small amounts and PIF, to keep it active and available for medical / dental, as I see it.

Message 35 of 36
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Thank goodness!  I don't use mine much, but this will be a nice easy way to keep it open.  Actually had no use on mine for 2+ years and luckily they didn't close it on me.

Will be nice piece of mind.

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.