cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit or CU loan for orthodontic work? Hoping to expand travel cards in 2018.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit or CU loan for orthodontic work? Hoping to expand travel cards in 2018.

I'm looking to have ~$4000 of orthodontic work after insurance in the next month or two.  I'm considering applying for CareCredit, but am concerned it could possibly get in the way of other card applications.  Credit union would probably give me a loan for ~9% interest.

Credit card goals for 2018 are Freedom and FU to pair with my CSP, Amex PRG, and a hotel card.  I'm 4/24, one of which will drop in April 2018.

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit or CU loan for orthodontic work? Hoping to expand travel cards in 2018.

Did you inquire with your orthodontist(s) to see if they offer an in-house payment plan? Some do, 0% interest, no credit line reported.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit or CU loan for orthodontic work? Hoping to expand travel cards in 2018.

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you inquire with your orthodontist(s) to see if they offer an in-house payment plan? Some do, 0% interest, no credit line reported.

No I didn't factor that being an option.  Great suggestion, thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.