Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

Has anybody applied for either of these lately? My scores are around 620-660 so I am just wondering if they are still pretty easy to get approved for. Let me know about your recent experience, thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
leogirl88
Valued Member

Re: CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

What are you using your card for. Is it a high balance purchase or something under 1000. My experience is this. My mom and I applied for carecredit it was a joint account she was in the 620-630 range and we got approved for 1500 problem was was that my braces were about 3500.lol so we applied with chase health advance and she got approved for 7000. So Its up to you. I think personally chase health care worked the best I have about 2 years no interest to pay off my braces.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I just applied for Chase Health and was denied... They pulled EX which is 653. So I guess we'll see what happens with carecredit.
Message 3 of 26
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Well I hope you had good luck with care credit. My experience was good with them in Oct 07. I was in the mid 600's and got approved for my LASIK $2800 procedure but told them I needed more so I wouldn't be maxed out so they raised it to $4800 with 18mono interest. They've been great &my new eyes are almost paid off! Hooray !
Message 4 of 26
settleordelete
Regular Contributor

My wife use carecredit... easy approval without any baddies.

I've been where you are trying to go and I don't wanna go back.
Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

DH applied last year mid 600s with 3500 CL. Good luck 
Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for CareCredit  for $1000 last December, scores around 670 with no recent baddies and got an instant denial.  GE had recently closed my Lenscrafters card for no activity.  I then applied for Chase and was approved for $12,000 instantly.  I only went for CareCredit first because I didn't see that Chase offered the 12 months no interest right away.  I wish I hadn't wasted the inquiry.  I'm boycotting GE.
Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea i read something on here about carecredit basically denying everybody in dec 2008, so I guess Im wondering if anybody here has applied since then, and if so, what happened? Chase denied me mainly bc it is a $5000 minimum line of credit and my largest (and only) revolving account right now is only a $350 limit. All I need to be approved with carecredit is about $1500 with a score of about 670. I have a few baddies but none that are recent. 
Message Edited by photobywes on 02-15-2009 02:30 PM
Message 8 of 26
happy0510
Established Contributor

Does anyone have any updated information these two? I talked to the Dr.'s office and asked if anyone has been getting denied and they told me "everyone gets approved, no changes".  I'm sure they just want the business and could care less about my credit...hahahaha

Thanks!

HappySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just received notices for both of my care credit accounts that both were being closed. I just paid one off in 11/08 and the other was paid off in 4/08. I guess I should have used them for the ortho bill I have now. Looks like GE Bank is slimming down thier debt portfolio at our expenses.
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.