Valued Member
photobywes

CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

Has anybody applied for either of these lately? My scores are around 620-660 so I am just wondering if they are still pretty easy to get approved for. Let me know about your recent experience, thanks :smileyhappy:
Valued Member
leogirl88

Re: CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

What are you using your card for. Is it a high balance purchase or something under 1000. My experience is this. My mom and I applied for carecredit it was a joint account she was in the 620-630 range and we got approved for 1500 problem was was that my braces were about 3500.lol so we applied with chase health advance and she got approved for 7000. So Its up to you. I think personally chase health care worked the best I have about 2 years no interest to pay off my braces.

Valued Member
photobywes

Well I just applied for Chase Health and was denied... They pulled EX which is 653. So I guess we'll see what happens with carecredit.
Regular Contributor
Gotagoal

Well I hope you had good luck with care credit. My experience was good with them in Oct 07. I was in the mid 600's and got approved for my LASIK $2800 procedure but told them I needed more so I wouldn't be maxed out so they raised it to $4800 with 18mono interest. They've been great &my new eyes are almost paid off! Hooray !
Contributor
settleordelete

My wife use carecredit... easy approval without any baddies.

New Contributor
RenoFico

DH applied last year mid 600s with 3500 CL. Good luck 
Regular Contributor
JmeSunday

I applied for CareCredit  for $1000 last December, scores around 670 with no recent baddies and got an instant denial.  GE had recently closed my Lenscrafters card for no activity.  I then applied for Chase and was approved for $12,000 instantly.  I only went for CareCredit first because I didn't see that Chase offered the 12 months no interest right away.  I wish I hadn't wasted the inquiry.  I'm boycotting GE.
4/20/09
Me 696 EX, 709 EQ, 739 TU
DH 734 EX, 699 EQ, 758 TU
Valued Member
photobywes

[ Edited ]
yea i read something on here about carecredit basically denying everybody in dec 2008, so I guess Im wondering if anybody here has applied since then, and if so, what happened? Chase denied me mainly bc it is a $5000 minimum line of credit and my largest (and only) revolving account right now is only a $350 limit. All I need to be approved with carecredit is about $1500 with a score of about 670. I have a few baddies but none that are recent. 
Message Edited by photobywes on 02-15-2009 02:30 PM
Established Contributor
happy0510

Does anyone have any updated information these two? I talked to the Dr.'s office and asked if anyone has been getting denied and they told me "everyone gets approved, no changes".  I'm sure they just want the business and could care less about my credit...hahahaha

Thanks!

Happy:smileyhappy:

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 691
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
afewcrowns

I just received notices for both of my care credit accounts that both were being closed. I just paid one off in 11/08 and the other was paid off in 4/08. I guess I should have used them for the ortho bill I have now. Looks like GE Bank is slimming down thier debt portfolio at our expenses.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 643
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+