Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CareCredit or Chase Health Advance?

my friend got 6000 instant for care credit with low 700's and bk 7 4 years ago.

will chase approve for this health card with bk? 

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last month I was denied for CareCredit.  Finally got my dentist to sign up with Chase so i could apply (you have to have a health provider ID number and the credit decision is emailed to you and the health provider).

I made the application.  Unlike CareCredit, they do not ask how much you want or your planned procedure cost.  They just take the normal app & income info.  Then you get a confirmation page that your application was received and that you need to check your email for the credit decision.

Checked my email.      Instantly APPROVED $12,000

Thanks all for making me aware of this option!  I have some extensive Dental work that I want to put on a 24 month interest free plan!!!!

FYI:  They pulled EX.  I'm in Texas.  FICO scores:  TU 723, EQ 724   I won't know EX for another week when PSECU updates my first score.

Message 12 of 26
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!  I just looked at the site.  How do you find the participants?
11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:
Congratulations!  I just looked at the site.  How do you find the participants?

That is one of the quirks with Chase.  They don't make ANY physician referrals.  You have to find your own doctor.  If they don't accept Chase, then they suggest you send Chase a physician referral or ask your physician to look into it.

I asked my Dentist office to consider accepting Chase.  I explained that this was my preferred method of payment.  And since I was considering about $8000 in work through their office, they contacted Chase and joined.  Evidently it is easy, because it only took them about 2 minutes on the phone.

They gave me their 5 digit Health Provider ID and that allowed me to make an application.  When apping, you have to enter a Provider ID first, or it won't let you app.  They send both you and your Dr. the credit decision by email.

Message 14 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Last month I was denied for CareCredit.  Finally got my dentist to sign up with Chase so i could apply (you have to have a health provider ID number and the credit decision is emailed to you and the health provider).

I made the application.  Unlike CareCredit, they do not ask how much you want or your planned procedure cost.  They just take the normal app & income info.  Then you get a confirmation page that your application was received and that you need to check your email for the credit decision.

Checked my email.      Instantly APPROVED $12,000

Thanks all for making me aware of this option!  I have some extensive Dental work that I want to put on a 24 month interest free plan!!!!

FYI:  They pulled EX.  I'm in Texas.  FICO scores:  TU 723, EQ 724   I won't know EX for another week when PSECU updates my first score.

Thanks for the info.  I was declined for Care Credit earlier this year.  I just got approved with Chase Health for $10,000!

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.
Message 16 of 26
happy0510
Established Contributor

Congrats!! Just made my first CHA payment on Friday.  Make sure at the time of purchase your provider chooses the right plan.  For instance, I opted for the 18 months no interest!!  They have to charge it correctly.

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I have read on the ChaseHealth site, they allow for up to 24 month no interest if over $3000.

FYI:  CareCredit just sent me a letter a few weeks ago advising they offer up to 24 months no interest through participating providers as well.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny you should post, I have a Care Credit card that we got when my husband had to have a $1400 dental procedure.  Got approved no prob with a BK that wasn't even 2yr old and was given a $1500 CL.  But after having the card for about 6mo and paying way more than the min. payment before due date, they closed the account and started charging me interest even though the interest free period was supposed to last another 12mo.  When I contacted Care Credit they informed me that our credit profile had changed and that they had to close the account because we were a risk.  This was very alarming so I pulled all three bureaus thinking maybe there was something wrong and found nothing other than our new vehicle purchase which replaced a similar loan as far as interest and balance.  We have since been paying all our cards off and I wont be doing business with them again.  I might have to look into Chase though.
Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Funny you should post, I have a Care Credit card that we got when my husband had to have a $1400 dental procedure.  Got approved no prob with a BK that wasn't even 2yr old and was given a $1500 CL.  But after having the card for about 6mo and paying way more than the min. payment before due date, they closed the account and started charging me interest even though the interest free period was supposed to last another 12mo.  When I contacted Care Credit they informed me that our credit profile had changed and that they had to close the account because we were a risk.  This was very alarming so I pulled all three bureaus thinking maybe there was something wrong and found nothing other than our new vehicle purchase which replaced a similar loan as far as interest and balance.  We have since been paying all our cards off and I wont be doing business with them again.  I might have to look into Chase though.

I would file a complaint with your state attorney general, the BBB and FTC if they failed to honor the interest free period.

Those terms are not based upon your credit, but upon you paying the minimum payment due on or before the date due.  If you miss a payment or are late, then they may charge you the standard or default rate.  They can close the account, but not change the terms of pay off.

If you paid as agreed, you should be entitled to a refund of the interest charged during the promo period.  Don't let them get away with that....if you held up your end of the bargain, so should they.

Message Edited by txjohn on 09-09-2009 06:26 AM
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.