Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit or Credit card? Need 0% interest for 12 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit or Credit card? Need 0% interest for 12 months

I have to get a root canal done and it's going to cost me $515 that insurance won't pay. They said I could sign up for Care Credit and they have payment plans for 0% interest for 3, 6, 12, & 18 months no interest.

Should I get the Care Credit card which can only be used for medical stuff or should I look for a credit card that has 0% interest for 12 months?  

My Fico Scores are TU 713, Equifax 754 and Experian 753 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
lisac
Regular Contributor

Re: CareCredit or Credit card? Need 0% interest for 12 months

slp, with your scores i would say credit card.  carecredit can only be used for doctors. and if you going to take the a hard inq, why not use it on a card you can use anywhere?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I think I answered my own question after reading more about the Care Credit. I can use it next year when I am thinking of getting Lasik Surgery as well. I'll save the credit card offers of 0% for 12 months when I have an emergency and need that offer.
Message 3 of 4
heirophant
Established Contributor

I think Care Credit is the way to go.  I have used it a few times in the last year and haven't paid a dime of interest for over $3000 worth of work on my mouth.  I love it and they gave me a CLI (with a hard of course) and doubled my CL from 1K to 2K after having it for 2 months and paying only 1 payment.  Pretty cool.  Maybe they were just feeling generous that day.  YMMV.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.