Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit with medium score and short history

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit with medium score and short history

Again, thank you. One of the cards I use to "finance" a Macbook; that's the one with the 80% utilization, slowly decreasing. I was meaning to get it lower, fast, but life happend. The other is around 50% each month and I always pay off the balance in full. I know that I should keep it below 50% at best (and even much lower, preferably), but the limit is relatively small and it adds up fast when used to buy groceries and gas Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I actually haven't applied for CareCredit, yet, but still am planning to do so. I tried to read up on it a little more and am not completely sure I understand how this card works. I understand that I get 0% APR if I pay the balance of in full within whatver period they give me (6, 12, ... months). But does that mean I can only use it once and than have that period? What, if I want to use it again for a different thing? Does the 0% pay-off period stop? start new for the total balance? Will remain the same for the first purchase and than add a new, second one for the new purchase? If so, how do I know my monthly payments? And who determines the period I have to pay the respective amounts off?

Thank you very much if you can shed some light on this Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi, I actually haven't applied for CareCredit, yet, but still am planning to do so. I tried to read up on it a little more and am not completely sure I understand how this card works. I understand that I get 0% APR if I pay the balance of in full within whatver period they give me (6, 12, ... months). But does that mean I can only use it once and than have that period? What, if I want to use it again for a different thing? Does the 0% pay-off period stop? start new for the total balance? Will remain the same for the first purchase and than add a new, second one for the new purchase? If so, how do I know my monthly payments? And who determines the period I have to pay the respective amounts off?

You can use it to pay for other items. Any offers will depend on the vendor. For example I used my Care Credit account last year  pay for Invisalign and the offer was 24 months 0% APR. I used my account again this year to pay for my dogs vet visit but the promo offer was only 0% APR for six months and the minimum spend was $100. Care Credit tracks each promo offer separately (you can see this when you log into your account). I am not sure how everyday purchases (ie RiteAide) impact how you minimum payments are calculated. 

Message 13 of 16
pip3man
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can use it to pay for other items. Any offers will depend on the vendor. For example I used my Care Credit account last year  pay for Invisalign and the offer was 24 months 0% APR. I used my account again this year to pay for my dogs vet visit but the promo offer was only 0% APR for six months and the minimum spend was $100. Care Credit tracks each promo offer separately (you can see this when you log into your account). I am not sure how everyday purchases (ie RiteAide) impact how you minimum payments are calculated. 

@Anonymous a little off topic but does Invisalign really work? I'm kinda considering it but being they're plastic or so they look, I'm not sure how effective they are.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much!!! So every purchase is threaded indepentely with their own respective promo periods, up to the total limit, right? I'm mostly interested in vet costs, and several larger things could come up when you own more than one pet while you're still paying off the first one. 

Thanks, that explains everything and helps a lot. Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

And yet one more question. If I apply and am approved, can I use it immediately (as in: could I in theory apply while e.g. at the vet)? Or is there a wait period?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.