Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CareCredit

Can you only request a CLI via phone?
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone is SOO delayed! Closing your CareCredit after one year? Why the wait?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Can you only request a CLI via phone?

It's best to call and request like a $15,000 CL.  They will counter your request with another number.

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't talking about cards like Credit One or First Premier who charge excessive fees and monthly premiums for the "risk" they bear in granting credit to subprime borrowers.

i am talking about regular credit cards that have a grace period on purchases and no fees.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I will call.

Message 15 of 17
Gollum
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My husband has 8 month old credit. He applied for his first two solo credit cards, this week. Got the Capital One Quicksilver One $500 CL and the BankAmericard Cash Rewards for $1600. He opened a CareCredit card in November 2014 for a dog emergency. THe card is useless except for healthcare/vet emergencies that will accept the card, should he close it? We can barely use it so we are thinking of paying it off and closing it....advice? Can we PFD? Will it hurt his credit to close it? His TU is 665 and EQ is 656. 

CareCredit is not a credit card.  Each time the CareCredit card is "accepted," it's a one time contract between you and CareCredit.  It's a way to get emergency dentist/vet work when you can't pay any other way.  Not paying the balance off on time results in a usurious interest rate being charged for the entire initial amount, even if payments have been made.

Credit Scores: (FICO 8) 846 Experian April 2024, 844 TransUnion April 2024 | (FICO 9) 849 Equifax April 2024
Credit Cards (newest to oldest): NFCU VISA Platinum $25,000 | BECU Cash Back VISA $10,000 | American Express BCE $9000 | Simmons Bank VISA $7500 | Capital One Quicksilver VISA Platinum (PC/upgrade from No Hassle Miles Rewards VISA Platinum) $500
Message 16 of 17
atd1970
Regular Contributor

CareCredit is cool if you get the 18 months no interest.

I have not used the card in over 2 years, and the company has not closed it. They report every month, and I have the security of knowing that I have the card as a back-up for emergencies.

If you want a CLI, just call the number and say "I have dental work that will cost $10,000, can you help me?"

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.