Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CareCredit

One of my dogs is going to be needing surgery soon. I don't know exactly how much it'll cost but I've been told it could be somewhere between $2000-3000. I'm less than 2 weeks away from my AMEX CLI so I was thinking of paying about half up front and putting the rest on the AMEX and then paying it off over the following 3 months or so. But now I'm thinking of maybe getting the AMEX CLI, letting it report, and then trying for CareCredit. Hopefully the larger limit on the AMEX will help me get a decent CareCredit starting limit, if I go that route.

Think I have a shot with CareCredit with a decent starting limit? Or should I just use my AMEX for the remainder of the surgery bill like I had initially planned? My TU is currently 682 with 0 inquiries and an AAoA at about 4 years and a few months. Income about $34k. Overall utilization will report around 7% next week but only because I'll be letting some balance report. I always pay in full (until this surgery, anyway). Utilization will be much lower by the time I'm ready to apply next month.

Advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
LifeSAVERS
Regular Contributor

Re: CareCredit

I just got CareCredit with a $5000 CL, scores similar to yours (if yours is also myFICO score?).  Mine are listed below.  I am not sure if the over $5000 TLs I already had helped with that CL.  Also, I tried the 48 hr CLI request by phone and was declined.  Just for reference point.  Well worth the HP in my case,  as I will need over $10,000-20,000 in next year or 2.  So can pace it along until larger CLI arrives.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. That's encouraging. And yes, it's a myFICO score. 

Message 3 of 5
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

When my munchkin's (son) dog was hit by a car I thought it was going to cost a lot.  i was approved for $500 and I think my scores were in the 500's at the time.  I think with your scores you will be approved with a higher credit limit.  I know that when I did the application it was in the Vet ER and the receptionist put the cost of the bill in at $300+ so that may have been the reason for the amount I was approved.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, my scores are up (all above 700 now), my AMEX CLI was approved and is now reporting, and my utilization is down to 3%. I'm about to app for PenFed and then CareCredit. Should I app for CareCredit immediately? If I get approved for PenFed, I don't want the new account to report and lower my barely-over-700 TU score before I apply for CareCredit. I want my CareCredit SL as high as possible.

Oh, I do have an unpaid collection from mid-2009 showing up on my TU. Is it possible to still get approved or should I take care of it first? I was hoping to wait until I get my bonus check in a few months but if it gets in the way of my CareCredit approval, I'll take care of it asap.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.