Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carecredit... Apply or no??

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Carecredit... Apply or no??

So was sitting at the bar tonight joking with a friend about 48 months interest free for cosmetic surgery with care credit and he says get it for me... So I used his iphone and applied on the spot for 6k and it came back approved in like 1 second.

got me thinking that I need to apply for myself!

They pull EQ don't they... Obviously even though the front page says don't apply if you have bk, that's not true because he was approved.

I would like to get lasik and take my dog to vet.

should I or shouldn't I?! lol 

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 02-23-2009 07:53 PM
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 2 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Carecredit... Apply or no??

omg with an almost 800 score you could probably ask for 25k!!
Message 3 of 28
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 4 of 28
Guardian
Valued Contributor

From personal experience, I needed to have a couple of root canals but mostly my mother and sister needed some work done and I bit and applied for the carecredit and they approved me for 7900k on the spot and it was no problem. I paid it off rather quicky, used up about 7500 of it and it was 0 interest for 12 months at that time when I got it (2006) and still have it, not used for a long while but my wife is thinking about having some work done on her teeth and so we are going to use it again. Comes in handy, hope that helps you decide.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

the question is if you ask for to much do they counter?
Message 6 of 28
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
the question is if you ask for to much do they counter?

Honestly, I do not know. We had a estimate of how much it was going to cost and they sumitted the application for me at the office with how much credit was needed and they granted it right away. I wonder though if it had been more, if they would have countered with something else, not sure.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 7 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I know my parents got a brand source card when putting in the new kitchen (also backed by GE) and they countered for less than the full job.  so I guess come to think of it, they probably would counter, unlike other GE cards that I have dealt with (Dillards! they flat out declined a CLI when I asked for to much, but until I said the amount she said she could do something, I tried to back step but to late!
Message 8 of 28
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 9 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

well my friend had a good experience! lol

I have not applied for myself... trying to slap my fingers everytime they start the app... I just don't want another denial...

I'm going to bed, I will sleep on it and hope to get more wisdom on this from posters in morning!!! 

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.