cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carecredit - How much did you get approved for, your EQ fico score and any baddies?

tag
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Carecredit - How much did you get approved for, your EQ fico score and any baddies?

Hi,

I want to apply for the Carecredit credit card, but I want to know whether I'm even eligible.

I hear that they usually check Equifax, but is that always the case? My equifax is 636 and my old negative item is a 90 day past due from Macys and that my credit report is too young.

I plan to have surgery and it's around $4,500.00 so I wanted to finance at least half.

For those who have the card, how much did they approve you for? Also, what was your score?
Sid you have any negative things in your credit report?

Has anyone gotten denied and asked to be reconsidered?

Does anyone know the highest limit they give for first time customers? Do you know whether they give the limit according to salary or to credit score?

Do you think it's better to apply online or over the phone??

Thanks!!!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Carecredit - How much did you get approved for, your EQ fico score and any baddies?

preci0uz wrote:
Hi,

I want to apply for the Carecredit credit card, but I want to know whether I'm even eligible.

I hear that they usually check Equifax, but is that always the case? My equifax is 636 and my old negative item is a 90 day past due from Macys and that my credit report is too young.

I have only ever heard of them pulling EQ, but YMMV as always.

I plan to have surgery and it's around $4,500.00 so I wanted to finance at least half.

For those who have the card, how much did they approve you for? Also, what was your score?
Sid you have any negative things in your credit report?

DF got $5500 with 765-ish EQ and a clean report.

I was flat out denied.  (Although I couldn't blame them at the time.  I would have denied me, too.)

Has anyone gotten denied and asked to be reconsidered?

I don't know how they are with recon.  Maybe someone who knows can answer.

Does anyone know the highest limit they give for first time customers? Do you know whether they give the limit according to salary or to credit score?

My dentist told me the largest approval she has ever seen was for $6K, although I have seen approvals for more than that reported here.  Like any other card, they take into account your credit history and score as well as your income when determining a credit limit.  However, Care Credit also takes into account the cost of the procedure you are planning on financing, so it's best to apply through your healthcare provider.

Do you think it's better to apply online or over the phone??

In the case of Care Credit, I would say neither.  See above.

Thanks!!!
Hope this helps, and best wishes on your surgery.

Message Edited by cheddar on 07-17-2008 07:51 PM
Message 2 of 8
lisac
Regular Contributor

Re: Carecredit - How much did you get approved for, your EQ fico score and any baddies?

my eq was 647, thats what they pulled in PA. i asked for 4k got instant approval on web site, my largest cl at the time.
Message 3 of 8
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I app'd back in the very dark days with scores under 500  (I'm guessing).  I needed about 550 for the vet procedure, ended up getting 500.  They wouldn't budge.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 4 of 8
heirophant
Established Contributor

I applied back in October when EQ was in 590's online, got instant approval for 1K, asked for 3K.  In January after almost maxing the card out and making only one payment (didn't use it right away), asked for CLI.  They pulled another hard, but it was worth it.  I got another 1K.  Score was still in the 590's then.  Haven't pulled my real FICO's in a while for EQ, but I'm sure with my 9 open TL's within the last year, the score is still hovering around 600...but imagine when those all turn 1 year old.  I can't wait.

P.S.  Yes, I did enter the Concorduser Center in May.  No apping anymore until I get rid of the ones that don't grow.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 5 of 8
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I app'd in Feb 08 & got approved for 2k.  My scores were mid to low 6's & I have 2 co's, a 90 late, some 30's & 60's too.  All about 3+ yrs old.

They obviously don't insist on perfection!

Good luck...I believe the 1st year is int. free too.

BTW...forgot to mention...they pulled EQ...my worst score! (always is...grrrrrr)Smiley Mad

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-18-2008 08:18 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

BungalowMo wrote:

Good luck...I believe the 1st year is int. free too.

That depends on the plan your healthcare service provider offers.  Some plans are interest-free for six months, some for a year.  i believe some go up to 18 months, as well.

One thing to be careful with regarding Care Credit is that if you don't have the balance paid in full by the time your interest-free promotional period ends, they will add on all interest charges retroactive to the date of the purchase, and their rates are in the 20%+ range.  Just paying the minimum due each month is not enough to PIF the balance by the end of the promo period, so make sure you have a plan to pay it off before your 0% period ends.
Message 7 of 8
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

I got approved a year after my BK was discharged with a score of 595 for $3500.
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.