Did you mean: 

Carecredit, OMG!!! GUYS WHAT THE HECK?

tag
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Carecredit, OMG!!! GUYS WHAT THE HECK?

WOW...

So I came across a thread about care credit

(This one, http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Just-Got-Approved-for-Carecredit/td-p/2264937/page/4), Which reminded me about my card, Which I forgot about... Decided to do as OP did and I had $2,500 initial credit, Decided to go for $10,000. Which is 2x higher than my highest CL at the moment, Results? Instantly approved. Hard pull, But worth it!

So they said if you call back in 2-3 days it's a soft pull for another recon... So I decided heck... What do I have to lose? I went for $20,000....

Denied Smiley Sad It gave me a code to talk to a representative about the denial, But I hung up because I didn't want to bother.... So today I log on to carecredit and I click on summary and to my surprise.... ?!?!?1

Thank you guys so much! without you guys, I would have never remembered about this...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Re: Carecredit, OMG!!! GUYS WHAT THE HECK?

congrats!!!

Message 2 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! -- not to thread poop but what exactly is the point of even having this? I'm sure it's nice to have 20k available for something.. but what is it for? health expenses? that's it?

Just curious...
Message 3 of 9
Datx
Valued Contributor

Congrats Rush! If you don't mind me asking, what number did you call? I didnt see a number listed in the other thread that you linked. Thanks.

Message 4 of 9
RushXTC
Established Contributor

@Datx wrote:

Congrats Rush! If you don't mind me asking, what number did you call? I didnt see a number listed in the other thread that you linked. Thanks.

Thanks!, I called 1-866-893-7864 I went through the process and when it asked to say what I needed, I said "Credit Limit Increase" and it took me through the automated process.

@KennyS2006 wrote:
Congrats! -- not to thread poop but what exactly is the point of even having this? I'm sure it's nice to have 20k available for something.. but what is it for? health expenses? that's it?

Just curious...

Health expenses AND lowers your overall UTI. I mean, My current limit was about 30k total, with I believe 23 or 24% ratio, With the $17,500 I'm getting (When it updates) that 23/24% is going to drop substantially.

Message 5 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

My dads dentist accepts Care Credit and Citi Health Card, Just yesterday a patient was approved for Citi Health Card with 12 months 0% APR, Felt happy for her since her mom is almost blind and needs assistant when walking around. Congrats!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 6 of 9
Brusilov
Established Contributor

I thought about getting this card at one point for a major dental procedure but at the time wasn't really sure I would be approved for a large enough amount to cover it.  My other major concern was, however, does GE Credit tend to close this card for inactivity?  I'd worry I wouldn't use it more than once every 2-3 years.

Message 7 of 9
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Do you have pets?? You can also use them at any vet that accpets Care Credit. Pets always need attention.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 8 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Impressive, Congrats on the increases. That will definitely help your util! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.