Regular Contributor
Elexi21

Carnival Sea Miles is now Carnival Fun Points

just got this email saying they are changing Sea Miles into Fun Points, with more flexible rewards, and the new card will be mailed out in January.

Wonder if they will decrease my 26% APR?  There has to be a more "fun" interest rate than that!   :smileyhappy:

8/07: EX 453, EQ 457, TU 481
5/08: EX 599, EQ 581, TU 612
1/09: EX 653, EQ 601, TU 621
2/09: EX 675, EQ 619, TU 649
7/09: EX ?, EQ 630, TU 670
8/09: EX 701 (nexgen), EQ 675, TU 685
TU 694
Valued Contributor
nothingman02

Re: Carnival Sea Miles is now Carnival Fun Points

Elexi21 wrote:

just got this email saying they are changing Sea Miles into Fun Points, with more flexible rewards, and the new card will be mailed out in January.

Wonder if they will decrease my 26% APR?  There has to be a more "fun" interest rate than that!   :smileyhappy:

Hope they do. But doubt it. 26%APR is fun indeed for them.  Perhaps they are only being more forthright with their name eh? :smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Sea Miles/Fun Ponts, anyway you slice it this rewards program is not very good. Why? You can book the cruise for better rates without using your miles/points. Be sure you shop your cruise purchase before you book it through Sea Miles or whatever they call it now.
Regular Contributor
Cyrion

creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Sea Miles/Fun Ponts, anyway you slice it this rewards program is not very good. Why? You can book the cruise for better rates without using your miles/points. Be sure you shop your cruise purchase before you book it through Sea Miles or whatever they call it now.

I got the same email and I've never used any of the points I have, like you said it's cheaper elsewhere, heybut maybe now it will be more "fun" :smileyvery-happy:

tripat

Actually I think this will be a better reward program. From what I read on my card it appears that you can now buy the cruise form anywhere and apply your "fun points" to get a statement credit against your pruchase. So while it's not a direct discount, it seems like will give a lot more flexibility at least.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}