Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carnival Sea Miles is now Carnival Fun Points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carnival Sea Miles is now Carnival Fun Points

just got this email saying they are changing Sea Miles into Fun Points, with more flexible rewards, and the new card will be mailed out in January.

Wonder if they will decrease my 26% APR?  There has to be a more "fun" interest rate than that!   Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
nothingman02
Valued Contributor

Re: Carnival Sea Miles is now Carnival Fun Points

@Anonymous wrote:

just got this email saying they are changing Sea Miles into Fun Points, with more flexible rewards, and the new card will be mailed out in January.

Wonder if they will decrease my 26% APR?  There has to be a more "fun" interest rate than that!   Smiley Happy

Hope they do. But doubt it. 26%APR is fun indeed for them.  Perhaps they are only being more forthright with their name eh? Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Sea Miles/Fun Ponts, anyway you slice it this rewards program is not very good. Why? You can book the cruise for better rates without using your miles/points. Be sure you shop your cruise purchase before you book it through Sea Miles or whatever they call it now.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Sea Miles/Fun Ponts, anyway you slice it this rewards program is not very good. Why? You can book the cruise for better rates without using your miles/points. Be sure you shop your cruise purchase before you book it through Sea Miles or whatever they call it now.

I got the same email and I've never used any of the points I have, like you said it's cheaper elsewhere, heybut maybe now it will be more "fun" Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I think this will be a better reward program. From what I read on my card it appears that you can now buy the cruise form anywhere and apply your "fun points" to get a statement credit against your pruchase. So while it's not a direct discount, it seems like will give a lot more flexibility at least.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.