Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: Carrying a Balance on Barclays

If you speak to an account manager, they will remove the payment hold. My last payment of $3800 took two days to be place off of hold.
:-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
compassion101

I got Barclay Rewards in July '12 for the 0% BT/purchases for 15 months. Put 3500 BT and 500 purchases onto the card right away and leave the unpaid balance at 4k every month. I usually put about 500ish a month on it and pay it back to 4k end of each month. Have had about 8 or 9 statements cut and have never heard from them about a review, CLI, or AA. I will probably leave the 4k there until BT is almost over then PIF and will probably run a little more a month through the card at that time. I don't mind carrying the high util since I don't really need to apply for credit anywhere, except a car a few months ago which I was fortunate enough to get the best rate on even with highish util.

Mega Contributor
LS2982

:smileyindifferent:

Never had a payment held up with Barclays. I guess they're used to my payment pattern.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

I've noticed they only hold mine when I make payments in excess of $2k.
For cash flow reasons, which relate to takig advantage of Barclay's ongoing BT offers- I tend to pay a little more than the minimum a few months, and then PIF before the bt offer expires. They dared to say that I should plan ahead for expenses and to not count on them releasing funds or having the credit immeiately available. I explained to them that I simply wouldn't use their card if they didn't release the hold. Heh, I don't use my Travelocity Amex for everyday purchases anyway. I use my real Ex BCE, which has a higher limit, better purchase terms anyway. Silly Barclay's!😝😜😌
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}