Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carsons charge card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carsons charge card?

hi all,

Was wondering what was your credit score when you got approved for this card? Also has anyone been able to get approved using the shopping cart trick? 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Re: Carsons charge card?

Excellent questions! Anyone have the answers?

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carsons does not offer the SCT, no pop up.  It is an Comenity account.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carson's doesn't offer a SCT you'll have to app it and take a HP for it. DGF got approved in the low 600's but with a 250 CL and it wouldn't budge from that until her score jumped a bit. 

Message 4 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I was instantly approved for $250.

3 days later using the automated phone system and 63 minutes of my time I was able to get it up to $10,250 in $200 increments.

31 days later I was able to use the automated phone system and another hour of my time and get it up to $20,250 in $200 increments.

and then finally another 31 days later I was able to bring it up to the max the card allows which is $30k through automated phone system again!

I have used the card twice online to make sure the CLI reported for less than $100 total Smiley Happy

I believe EQ was somewhere around 640-655 at the time they pulled but I have seen in the low 600's getting approved.

Message 5 of 7
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

I have this card. I received a mailer for a pre-approval almost 2 years ago. My scores were pretty low, maybe high 500's?  This as my first card during my rebuild. I was approved for $500. My limit now is $5000.  Never really asked for a CLI, just random increases.  Hope this helps 

Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 6 of 7
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

@irunfromcredit wrote:

I have this card. I received a mailer for a pre-approval almost 2 years ago. My scores were pretty low, maybe high 500's?  This as my first card during my rebuild. I was approved for $500. My limit now is $5000.  Never really asked for a CLI, just random increases.  Hope this helps 

Thank you so much for sharing IRFC! That really helped! 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.