Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Case Credit Card

tag
jamesac2
Established Member

Case Credit Card

Do any members know how Chase Bank deals with Chapter 13 discharges when trying to get a credit card or is a Chapter 13 a automatic denial? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Case Credit Card

Chase pretty much blacklists anyone with a BK, 7, 11, 13 or otherwise for as long as it remains on your reports. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup. Forget Chase even exists until that is off your report. Amex, Discover, and Citi also. I really want the United card. It's going to be a long 9 years.

Message 3 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Yes my friend went through Chapter 7 like 7 or 8 years ago... got Washington Mutual after the BK for 5k, later increased to 8k and when Chase bought out Washington Mutual the credit card remained for about a year... he then closed it and about 3 months later wanted a Zappos card... Chase said they would not issue any credit products to anyone that had bankruptcy or had included Chase previously in BK. he tried backdoor and was like I just closed an 8k credit line... Chase simply responded "I guess you should have kept that open".

I pretty much thing same with BofA, they use to let BK get into secured cards etc and now not anymore.

Message 4 of 5
jamesac2
Established Member

That is odd, I got a Bank of Americia Secured Card while in Chapter 13 and about a year later, I got my Security Deposit back. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.